Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Dancyclancy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Sep 2009, 11:56 pm

Hi Wronplanetmember from another Aussie. I'm also dairy and gluten intolerant and find it really helps to drink at least 8 large glasses of water each day.....I have one on the go always...like now when I'm writing this...a few mouthfuls now and then gradually helps flush out the system. They reckon fresh vegie juices are really good for helping "detox" however I don't do them as it takes up too much energy. to make them.....have ME/CFS. Often have foggy brain if I'm dehydrated or too stressed out.
All the best!

saywhatyamean
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Sep 2009, 1:33 am

Hi WP member,

Congrats on getting rid of the demon gluten. My boys and I have been off Gluten plus alot of other junk for years and cannot recommend considering your diet, for any issues, more. Are you drinking enough water. I have been told to drink up to 2l (not tap water) per day. I have lived in Bris and realise you would possibly need more than 2 l's per day if you live there and especially if you have a physical type of job. Also if the headaches are caused by withdrawal, as someone else suggested, water will help with this.

Also from experience many of the mass produced GF products can have alot of other harmful stuff in them. You really need to become a label reader, I'm sorry there is no way out of it. Many people that have Gluten or Casien issues will have sensitivities to other things as well. There are a couple of reliable blood tests you can get done that test for food sensitivities. Of course they cost and you need to see a fairly liberal thinking DR who agree to order them. I know of a couple in Bris if you are interested PM me.

cheers

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 3:01 pm

I got brain fog starting in grade 11 but this was due to Lyme Disease.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Sep 2009, 4:10 pm

I get gluten withdrawal headaches, lasting up to 3 days! I still succumb to gluten's siren call, once in a while, but know what I am getting into now. I also found that some of the gluten free stuff gave me headaches. I really recommend probiotics. You mention having gut problems. Try taking probiotics on a regular basis. Probiotics make me feel calmer, and crowd out a lot of the baddies in the intestines.