Excercising without going out of house

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

one1ai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Jan 2006, 7:02 am

Hi, many times when I've been not feeling well, I felt I would prefer staying home doing some kind of excercise.

It started when I let my music device play some music that I like(techno or trance)
and started running back and forth, in a repetitional manner. Anyway I'm not sure if this excercise is good for my feet because I have to turn a lot, and sometimes I feel that variour parts on my feet ache.

Well, I'm doing this because I don't like running out in the cold, and there are also lots of cars that I need to put my attention on.

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2006, 7:58 am

Perfect...

Have you ever heard of DDR?

autisticon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jan 2006, 8:50 am

Civet - you beat me to it!

Other than that game, I cant think of too many enjoyable indoor exercises... well, there's jumping rope (which isnt always so easy indoors), jumping jacks, punching bag, or exercise bikes/treadmills (not a cheap solution).

I've started doing some running lately, since its unseasonably warm. However you're right, it does suck when its cold. I hate getting all sweaty when there's a cold wind blowing in your face -- it sucks!

one1ai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Jan 2006, 4:44 pm

Civet, I've only read about ddr as I did a google search.
with keywords "ddr excercise" (in brackets)

Does it stand for Dance Dance Revolution, or am I mistaken?

quietangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Jan 2006, 6:36 pm

Yes it stands for dance dance revolution. My son has one and it was actually one of his interests for awhile. He loves it. It is really good exersize. If you have ever been on ebay you can get one there pretty reasonably priced.