Page 5 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Hillsong_Rocks
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Dec 2009, 4:40 pm

i have nothing wrong with fat people but can you please think about what it's doing 2 your health.

Hillsong_Rocks
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Dec 2009, 4:45 pm

i have nothing wrong with fat people but can you please think about what it's doing 2 your health.

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2009, 4:55 pm

Hillsong_Rocks wrote:

Can you please think about the fact that most fat people would rather not be fat? It's really insulting to suggest that fat people have never thought about their health.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2009, 11:11 pm

I'm the biggest and healthiest person in my family, thank you. My skinny family members get three times as many colds and flus as I do, each winter. It takes them weeks to shake the symptoms off, where as it only takes me 2 to 3 days.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2010, 9:46 pm

Well that's interesting because I've had problems with being overweight my entire life. I didn't eat a lot of junk as a kid, my mother always encouraged me to eat healthy. But I got fat anyway. I remember mon putting me on my first diet when I was 7 or 8. She was quite thin and health-conscious and tried everything for me to eat less and be more active. As a result I learned that diet and excercise were awful, terrible punisments for eating. :x And my weight got worse when I became a teen and that's the weird thing because I had horrible anxiety. I developed emetophobia, and became fearful of eating in public because I had difficulty swallowing food. Sometimes I would swallow and the food would stick in my throat and I'd panic thinking it would come back up or I'd choke. I was put on different medications by psychiractists who thought I had schizophrenia form disorder so maybe weight gain was a side effect. Also I felt safer eating alone so I would go on binges late at night after hardly eating during the day. In my 20's I weighed over 280 lbs. Then I started excercising a lot and dropped to around 160. But the past couple of years I've been steadily putting it back on. I've been eating more junk and not working out as much. I think my metabolism must be slower than molasses in january! I weigh around 208 lbs now. It's a battle I can never win. :(

zombiecide
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jan 2010, 8:13 pm

145-150 at 5'6 and where I live that's 'maybe not fat yet but you surely want to lose weight don't you?'
I want to weigh 120 or less ... because then people would give me free food all the time. :D
So, yes, I love food. And I love to try new food, though I don't always end up liking it.

VincentVanJones
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jan 2010, 10:57 pm

I have a few extra pounds. I am 6'6" and about 225ish. But some is muscle and I am in ok shape.

As for AS and being overweight, it can go to both extremes. On AS friend is a stick, the other is over 350lbs.

ALacount
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jan 2010, 8:15 am

I eat alot.... and it's mainly un-healthy stuff aswell... I do like alot of healthy stuf... eg chicken, fish, some fruit.... but I don't eat many vegetables or fruit.... I'm very slim and have very little fat on me.... I'm not unfit either.... Though I have a friend who's pretty fat (I don't tell him that) I way about 126lb and am 5.9... I don't do much exersie either.... A few push ups, Crunches and pull ups a day, but not a load. I just have a quite good metabolism I think...

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2010, 8:17 am

ALacount wrote:
I eat alot.... and it's mainly un-healthy stuff aswell... I do like alot of healthy stuf... eg chicken, fish, some fruit.... but I don't eat many vegetables or fruit.... I'm very slim and have very little fat on me.... I'm not unfit either.... Though I have a friend who's pretty fat (I don't tell him that) I way about 126lb and am 5.9... I don't do much exersie either.... A few push ups, Crunches and pull ups a day, but not a load. I just have a quite good metabolism I think...

Good. I am glad you still stay rather healthy. :) Not overly fat. Good!

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2010, 2:44 pm

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
Im stuck between 34 and 36. depending on what pair of pants. I even have a 32 i can fit into if im not bloated.

Down to a 28 now, so im happy :D

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Solsikke
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Apr 2010, 9:31 am

I have some extra pounds. I love food and especially sweets.

wendigopsychosis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Apr 2010, 11:24 am

Never been fat, but it's mostly because I put in an honest effort to stay thin...
I used to be stick thin as a kid. Damn puberty. I hate having to watch what I eat now :(

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2010, 1:10 am

Boomshika wrote:
i'm 5'6" and i weigh about 160. but my body fat percentage is close but not quite at the unhealthy level yet (30%).

you are perfect.

Boomshika wrote:
i'm just wondering if there are any other aspies out there who aren't borderline anorexic? am i the only aspie who likes food?

creamy and salty are my buddies. but they are also the demons behind my right ear who tell me "eat more calories!" and behind my left ear is the aspie angel who tells me, "watch your waistline! you KNOW how damned hard it is to lose the weight you keep gaining back!" it is an uneasy truce between the 2 sides of me.

JCpatriots
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Apr 2010, 6:32 am

By no stretch of the imagination are you the only fat Aspie out there. I used to be 6' and weighed 285 pounds. I've lost about 95 pounds though since late 2008, and I'm now 6'1" and weigh 190, which is the skinniest I've been in about 6 years years (which is literally 1 pound within the "normal" range). I've been overweight (and obese) for much of the last... probably 5-6 years. You aren't alone.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2010, 4:57 pm

I'm 180/6'0 tall and some years ago I was overweight 100 kg/220 lbs because of meds. So I know overweight problem. I know also how is to be 60/130. Now I'm 75/165 and I'm gonna lose some weight during holidays. I'm sure I can do it.

I'm heavy-built person with thick, dense, lean bones and I gain the muscles easy (type called meso-endomorphic ). I'm gonna exercise and avoid the sweets (thank you, milk allergy, for help in chocolate addiction). So maybe I won't lose many kgs, but I'll lose some fat and cms.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2010, 6:15 am

Weighing in at just under three hundred pounds, I'm fat - there's no other way to say it. That's not to say all my body weight is blubber. I have a shoulder span of 52 inches, and am generally big boned. I used to lift weights years ago, and while I'm by no means as strong or as fit as I used to be, I like to think I have a measure of brawn, still. Basically, I take after my Dad's side of the family, which is very, very German, thus stereotypically big bodied.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer