Page 1 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 6:52 pm

Now, I am REALLY! :cry: backaching. It seemes that the now-stolen big frame backpack sort of corseted my aching back in/pushed the lower part in. Of course, I was backaching t'other day before it was stolen, too :cry:
I was in a motel room about 40 hours, nearly non-stop. Perhaps being off the routine made it hurt more when I walked again :cry: ? I am only carrying a Walgreen's bag ~ and my crutch ~ now.
You should read my " Missouri Mule " line for background here.
LIterally AFTER I checked out, the motel got mad at me, because of my coughing (which I was suppressing) and I think, maybe, that I looked too scruffy (although I had a major shower while in the room) and told me not to come back again :cry: . I thought I had found at least a nice temporary place :(.
The ER people seem sick of me and I don't have a " pointabe-too " easy problem :( ~ but maybe I will call, if only because I WALK SO FRICKING SLOW! :cry:

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 8:02 pm

...Howevet, I got a lead on one of the items stolen from the older motel room! :) Some comic books that were stolen - apparently someone came into the Local Comics Shop where I had bought them and tried to sell them back to them :lol: ! They recognized them and E'd me, I'll follow it up later - Hopefully when I'm not in so much pain :cry: .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 8:14 pm

be careful with those thieves, chances are they are armed.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 8:16 pm

What kind of medicine do you take for your cough? Do you use puffers? The cough could be related to your CHF rather than COPD. You get fluid buildup around the lungs with CHF. Both types of cough can be relieved with medication.

Maybe you can get a longer crutch to help you stand straighter. Tall posture, rather than bent over, could help reduce your back pain. And yes, inactivity can cause you to stiffen up and hurt more.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 8:18 pm

I hope if you take an advil or such for your back pain, that you do so with food, lotsa people forget that and get stomach bleeds.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 8:55 pm

...If they're the comics I am thinking of, they are of about nil resale value! Just mentioning that :lol:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 9:16 am

...I am now in L'hopital again, having been found to, as I suspected, welling up that water weight again :( , as well as the pain :cry: . I am resting, and getting Lazik treatment yet aga8n, though that can't go indefinitely. They were trying to push me t8 go to a board-and-care home, about an hour away. I might do it if utterly nessecary, but I have been here in SC for like five of the last seven years! I have at least some infrastructure here - I have a bank account, the ability to get mail, and mire - If I went away, not only would I have to get new things like thar, I would have to give up the old one! :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 12:26 pm

Where would this "board and care home" be?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 1:07 pm

...What was being spoken of was in Heyward, I believe. " An hour away " :( .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 1:31 pm

Haywood is in the East Bay. It has a population of about 150,000 people. There's a BART station there, so there's easy access to SF. It's not an isolated place, by any means.

Probably not as "nice" as Santa Cruz----but the reputation isn't that bad, either.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 3:45 pm

...I've pretty much written off going to SF anymore. It's far away, hard to get to, my living circumstances make hanging around there hard - Now that I'm a gimp/crip - the later part especially - :cry: - Any" cool things " in SF would likely be difficult to enjoy, even if there's much that appeals to me anymore ' and that I can afford :( .
I' e slowly built up the ability to get mail, have a bank account, am moving toward getting a storage space - I should throw all that out the window and start all over again in Heyward - with a board-and-care home situation that would likely be even LESS co-operative with me trying to build up infrastructure than the rehab.place was? The story of my f*****g life, people endlessly have
some great this-moment jdea for what I'm supposed to do and yelling " Go, go, go! Now, now, now! " :cry: like Lucy screaming at Linus of Charlie Brown, make g them flip in the air - Never allowed good stability, rushed from place to place like a medevial peasant. Always " It's our policy, you just can't do it "! :cry:
It's the con emotional wisdom that SF has been dot-commed/so
cialmedia'd/tech bro'd to death now, anyway :mrgreen: .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 8:30 pm

They don't give you freedom of movement in a "bed and board" place?

Omniel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Mar 2018, 9:07 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Yes they do, but they'll want to take some of his money for the shelter and food he'd get there.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 9:19 pm

...That is correct, but, I DO NOT object to the concept of paying reasonable " rent ". Have I not stated that clearly before? :x

mniel"]

kraftiekortie wrote:

Yes they do, but they'll want to take some of his money for the shelter and food he'd get there.[/quote]

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 9:25 pm

I'm sensing that ASS-P really likes Santa Cruz.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 9:40 pm

...The bac home was described to me as me having to share a room with someone. And, considering all the pressure I had to go through, and the breaking/bending of rules I had to do to build things up when I was in the rehab place, I don't't think it likely follows I'd have much freedom if movement - in a new town and with no one to go to bat for me :( .