Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,257
Location: 0.5 Galactic radius

06 Jan 2010, 1:19 pm

Has anyone considered what is in a White Castle Slider patty? Supposedly it is supposed to be 80% ground beef, but what is the other 20% that causes these burgers to work like a laxative? Well, though this is just speculation, I speculate that the remaining 20% isn't fat as normal, but instead pork, chicken, turkey, Asgard, and squirrel.



Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Oct 2006
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,553

06 Jan 2010, 1:41 pm

it's only human


_________________
Won't you help a poor little puppy?


Nan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Mar 2006
Age: 63
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,403

06 Jan 2010, 3:19 pm

Last time I had a White Castle burger was over 40 years ago.

Nice to see ~something~ has remained constant in the universe. :wink:



Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Mar 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,633
Location: United States

07 Jan 2010, 2:28 am

White Castle mini-burgers (I don't really like the term "sliders") do a number on my digestive system. Not so much a laxative, but they give me massive gas and occasionally slight stomachaches. I generally stay away from those things, unless I'm drunk, have no other options, or in the extremely rare cases I get a craving. Or simply as a homage to the Harold and Kumar movie.

With all that said, their other foods are pretty good, and my body can handle them with no problems. I like their chicken rings (even though the product name sounds a little bizarre), french fries, onion rings, or mozzarella sticks. I haven't tried any of their fish products and don't plan to, although the pulled pork sandwiches they've been advertising lately sound kind of nice.



Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Jun 2009
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,864

07 Jan 2010, 3:41 am

We don't have White Castle here in Canada, it sounds so greasy and trashy, I must have some



iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,257
Location: 0.5 Galactic radius

07 Jan 2010, 4:25 am

Friskeygirl wrote:
We don't have White Castle here in Canada, it sounds so greasy and trashy, I must have some


Beware the burgers. But yeah, like Aspie1 said, the chicken rings are fairly good.



black220
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 17 Dec 2009
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 21

16 Jan 2010, 5:57 pm

Be glad there are no white castles in Canada. They're the nastiest "burgers" I've ever had. In fact, I don't know if I've ever been able to finish an entire one. My friends are crazy about them, and I've tried them at least 5 times. I just take one bite and spit it out. I think it's the soggy texture that ruins it for me.



techstepgenr8tion
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,985
Location: The 27th Path of Peh.

18 Jan 2010, 12:04 am

I've worked at their headquarters! :D

I never dealt with the food side of their operation but it reminds me of a steak-um with onions diced in, onions on top, and the usual toppings. I'd imagine its the onions that lend their burgers to being a 24 hour experience.


_________________
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privelege of owning yourself" - Rudyard Kipling


techstepgenr8tion
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,985
Location: The 27th Path of Peh.

18 Jan 2010, 12:05 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Beware the burgers. But yeah, like Aspie1 said, the chicken rings are fairly good.

The sweet potato fries are ace as well.


_________________
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privelege of owning yourself" - Rudyard Kipling


richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jan 2007
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 32,003
Location: Lake Whoop-Dee-Doo, Pennsylvania

29 Jan 2010, 5:59 pm

They are called "belly bombs" and "gut grenades" for a reason.....


_________________
Life! Liberty!...and Perseveration!!.....
Weiner's Law of Libraries: There are no answers, only cross references.....
My Blog: http://richiesroom.wordpress.com/