Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

julieme
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Mar 2006, 11:24 pm

Hi,
Anyone around southern wisconsin (Madison) interested in racing sailboats with me?

I have a 24 ft Martin keelboat - like a J 24.

No experience needed but must wear life jacket if cannot swim.
I taught myself to sail so no nauticle terms = no problem. I've already named all the controls in logical aspie fashion (red rope, green roap, fat bluerope, etc). Also although I drive, steering is also easy. Move the driving stick and the boat turns . Release the sail and the boat stops.

Starting the end of may I sail Wend at 5pm, Sat and sunday at 10 am

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2006, 3:50 am

If I was in the area, sure but I think I'm a bit too far away :wink:
Dad and I each have a National 125 although I'm not really sailing this season and he's sailing now and then on an Eliott 7. 125's are a fair bit smaller :P

Edit: and I love the names of your ropes! Excellent 8)

AV-geek
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2006, 7:21 am

I LOVE sailing. I have a Hobie cat sailboat I enjoy taking out on the Chesapeake Bay during the summertime. It's also fun to take down to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. The baot is very fast and totally fun! I've only raced it a few times. Sailboat racing is not all about speed, it's also strategy and skill. A good sailing course that places the boat in all directions of the wind is the most fun and challenging.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2006, 2:01 pm

My band teacher loves sailing, but he's way too far away, and I'm way too far away as well.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.