Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

fishoils
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jun 2010, 1:33 am

Hi,
Lets learn the Benefits of Omega 3 Fish Oils. See how it compares to Krill Oil and Cod Liver Oil. I would like to share that what does fish oil do?
Fish oil can help:
Regulate the body’s cholesterol levels
Protect the heart and combat heart disease
Thwart off certain types of cancer
Help with cognitive function and brain development
Reduce depression symptoms
Protect the brain from issues associated with Alzheimer’s
Promote healing from injury or illness
Reduce likelihood / occurrence of ADD and or ADHD in children

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 1:38 am

...... you made an account so you could come here and sell us fish oil??

Do you also happen to have any snake oil for sale?

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 3:33 am

my doc convinced me to take fish oil capsules "just in case."

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 3:45 am

auntblabby wrote:

I don't take them because they have been shown to block the action of vitamin D and I have to supplement D because I got so critically low at one point that all my hair was falling out.

ADHDorASDorBoth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jun 2010, 3:58 am

Lol of lols. Such spamming on a site should be tracked back to the ip.....

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 12:51 pm

Sparrowrose wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I don't take them because they have been shown to block the action of vitamin D and I have to supplement D because I got so critically low at one point that all my hair was falling out.

If I started taking Vitamin D, will my hair fall back in?

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 4:26 pm

takemitsu wrote:
Sparrowrose wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

If I started taking Vitamin D, will my hair fall back in?

Only if it fell out due to D deficiency. If it fell out due to genetics or something else, D isn't going to make it fall anywhere.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 10:28 am

mmm i may try fish oil.

PenguinMom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2010, 12:42 pm

Quote:
[quote="SparrowroseI don't take them because they have been shown to block the action of vitamin D and I have to supplement D because I got so critically low at one point that all my hair was falling out.
[/quote]
My vitamin D is seriously low, to the point where I have to take prescription supplements. Is this true about the fish oil blocking? Can you provide a link to some information?
Thanks

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 4:31 pm

PenguinMom wrote:
Quote:
[quote="SparrowroseI don't take them because they have been shown to block the action of vitamin D and I have to supplement D because I got so critically low at one point that all my hair was falling out.

My vitamin D is seriously low, to the point where I have to take prescription supplements. Is this true about the fish oil blocking? Can you provide a link to some information?
Thanks[/quote]

It's the vitamin A content in fish oils that blocks D absorption. Also be careful about taking vitamin A supplements when you're trying to get your D levels up.

"The only dietary source of vitamin D ranked higher than sardines and salmon is cod liver oil, whose vitamin A blocks absorption of some of its very high vitamin D content"
http://www.imakenews.com/vitalchoicesea ... b1WDcdgD,w

"Vitamin A blocks absorption of other nutrients"
http://prenatalvitamins.net/mother-chil ... ence-labs/

"A few weeks ago, the British Medical Journal published a remarkable paper, remarkable that it studied more than 500,000 subjects, remarkable that it had 56 (fifty-six) authors, remarkable that it confirmed low vitamin D levels obtained in the past are a risk factor for developing colon cancer in the future. However, the most remarkable part of the paper is that the 46 scientists minimized the true significance of their own research. They found that vitamin A, even in relatively low amounts, appears to thwart vitamin D's association with reduced rates of colon cancer. [...] However, hidden on page eight is one sentence and a small table, which shows that the benefits of vitamin D are almost entirely negated in those with the highest vitamin A intake. And the retinol intake did not have to be that high in these older adults to begin to negate vitamin D's effects, about 3,000 IU/day. Remember, young autistic children often take 3,500 IU of retinol a day in their powdered multivitamins, which doesn't count any additional vitamin A given in high, single doses."
http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/newslett ... ncer.shtml

forestg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Jul 2010, 3:49 pm

I read in an ADHD book that extra virgin oils, that have been cold pressed are the way forward, the average fish oils are heat prosesed which destroys the benefitial properties, Im going to try them for my adhd, i dont know if they help ASD, but for general health probably good.

krillguru
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Oct 2010, 10:47 pm

I saw this somewhere and i think this is a good list of benefits of krill oil which is rich in omega 3

The Benefits Of Krill Oil

1. Manage healthy cholesterol levels
2. Ease premenstrual syndrome and menstrual cramps
3. Fights signs of aging
4. protect cell membranes
5. supports liver function
6. supports memory and learning
7. strengthen immune system
8. necessary for healthy skin

dark4181
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Oct 2010, 9:06 am

Or you could just eat fish or seafood and get the benefits naturally. Really, it's that simple

spudgun
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2010, 9:03 am

Fish oil is gopod for you full stop. If you do have a vitamin D problem then take the vitamin capsules as well as taking the fish oil.

Just a sudgestion and not to be taken if you are uncomfortable or without the doctors support/opinion.

Eibhilin
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Oct 2010, 5:34 am

fishoils wrote:
Hi,
Lets learn the Benefits of Omega 3 Fish Oils. See how it compares to Krill Oil and Cod Liver Oil. I would like to share that what does fish oil do?

Ew n'thanks. I prefer not burp nasty, and would rather get 3, 6, and 9. Nevermind risk of mercury exposure especially with disreputable sources/companies...