Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2006, 9:37 pm

anyone here do track for a high school or college team? if so which events?

sc
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2006, 9:40 pm

I did not join, people use to remark at me as if I was forest Gump. Running and walking weird but I had a technique where I could run very fast. So I do that in high school once and beat the track team that was there.

Very short distance because of athlete’s asthma.

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2006, 9:42 pm

sc wrote:
I did not join, people use to remark at me as if I was forest Gump. Running and walking weird but I had a technique where I could run very fast. So I do that in high school once and beat the track team that was there.

Very short distance because of athlete’s asthma.

ooh so like sprinting? that's awesome. i wish i could do that! did you make it to state competitions and stuff?

i can't sprint. i run distance. i'm also trying discus. which is pretty easy if you ask me!

sc
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2006, 10:01 pm

No I never joined, its a group activity thing. I just went to the track field one day and raced them. I used to run all the time, only few were able to run faster.

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2006, 9:24 pm

sc wrote:
No I never joined, its a group activity thing. I just went to the track field one day and raced them. I used to run all the time, only few were able to run faster.

are you still in high school? you should join, seriously! it boosts your confidence so much!

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2006, 1:59 pm

I run the 3200 meter in high school. My season ended on a good note yesterday, by the way, since I got a ten second PR. I used to have 12:55.6, but now it's down to 12:45; I was really happy.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

Barracuda
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2006, 4:44 pm

<thread revivafication>
Hrm... I do both track and cross country. In track I run, well...

myself wrote:
Track (800m, Occasional JV 4x1, 4x4[B or C team], jav[I'm really bad at it], and next year, 3200)

</thread revivafication>