Very hot when active but very cold when resting

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Feb 2011, 12:44 am

I know most people feel hotter when they are active but I think it's more extreme for me. It's been cold here the last few days & my parents been having the heater running & I've been sweating sometimes when doing stuff like just vacuuming the house while my parents find it cold. But I find it very cold when I go to bed. I have a sheet, 2 blankets & a heavy bedspread on me & I still find it cold while my parents just have a sheet & bedspread. 1ce I get out of bed & get moving I find it hot. It's been like this all my life for me where I feel hot doing stuff while most people aren't but feel very cold when I'm not active when most people don't. I'm not to concerned about this but I'm wondering if this could be some kinda AS thing or something :?

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 7:19 pm

Not that I know.What is on your mind at this time? The amygdala influences the hypothalamus which helps regulate body temperature, and the amygdala function has been fingered as contributing to the symptoms in aspergers. I know I was always hot compared to ex-girlfriends and co-workers especially when I was active, yet when I went home to see my parents, they would keep it cool enough for me to require a jacket. I think that is just people though.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 8:42 pm

i have always been the temperature outlier in terms of me being the only one sweating, flushed and hot when everyelse in the room was cold and shivering. this condition feels like hell when the cold pantywaists insist on turning up the thermostat to 80 flipping degrees. when i am inactive or trying to sleep, however, i turn frigid, especially my extremities. when i turn up the heat then i start sweating, so it is like there is hardly any happy medium for me. drat.