Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 7:56 am

And I'm very proud of myself.

I was having a rough time with some Touchy-Feely issues, when the Winter Olympics were on. Feelings that came with feeling like a Round Peg in a world of Square Pegs. I was wanting the Old London back, and that's very unusual for somebody in Canada to be wanting, and especially if my Parents used to drill into me, before my Adolecence that the Canadian Way is the only way. I didn't want anybody asking me why I was crying, with sacrastic undertones in their Voices, so I've brewed myself a pot of Coffee, one morning, thinking that I could cast a Golden Spell on Team Canada with my Coffee Drinking, in honour of Tim Hortons. I think that I was a little Depressed and Psychotic at the time. And than the Coffee Drinking continued until June the 17th. On the 18th, I've decided that I've had enough and that I wasn't going to play any more "Coffee Games".

I haven't been drinking Coffee for three weeks, now. :D I've noticed a tremendous improvement in my Mood. I'm back in High Spirits. My Focus is much stronger. I was even able to complete a Painting of my Bus. :D I'm not jittery or anxious, anymore. My Eating has decreased to a Healthy Level that's required for Weightloss. I don't feel the need to be constanlty moving around, going places and doing Housework. :) I'm feel wonderful, and I'm not on the verge of Tears, anymore. :wink:

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 8:17 am

I quit drinking coffee months ago when I started taking Zoloft. It just wasn't doing anything for me anymore, and I've needed to quit for years because I have that reflux disorder. BTW, in addition to treating depression, it seems to help reduce other addiction-type behaviours, including some of my OCD type stuff, not to mention social anxiety disorder.
:jester: :heart: :jester:

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 9:52 am

i never drank coffe and my aspiue fatehr drank 12 cups a day very highly strung, my weakness was sugary foods sodas and chocolate, i have over the last 4 weeks cut this out/down and i feel batter have more energy and less anxious and more self aware, im not so easy to jump down peoples throats these days...aspies love caffeine sugar and nicotene, i cut out all three and im feeling prety good about stuff too.
i used to eat a kilogram of chocolate a day 7 bottles of pepsi and 30 cigatrettes so ive noticed a little change in mt demeanour.

summer
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Jul 2006, 11:04 am

I don't like drinking coffee. Temporarily it makes me feel a little better. But, then this massive anxiety takes over and my stomach hurts.

No coffee for me...99% of the time anyway. I love the smell of it though.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 9:32 pm

I love coffee. It helps me wake up in the morning, and I never skip a day. My parents learned the hard way not to ask me any questions in the morning before I've had my coffee.