Diet and Exercise Daily Check-In!! !!

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

deeprooted
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Apr 2011, 3:58 pm

shadowchyld wrote:
HAHA had stomach bug all weekend and couldn't eat. Score one for the weight loss endeavors LOL Of course then again, my metabolism is probably dead right now. Snacking on healthy stuff today.

Well, yeah, I guess there is one benefit of feeling vomitrocious all week-end. Not sure it's worth it though. :eew:

Had a so-so weekend. Stayed pretty much in control, but didn't eat enough veggies.

Today I got a good run in and have decided to go sugar-free this week. Hope I can make it. :pig: LOL

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

05 Apr 2011, 10:12 pm

I screwed up and ate an entire bag of salad yesterday. >.>

deeprooted
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Apr 2011, 12:18 pm

Bethie wrote:

At least it was only salad. I usually eat a bag of chips or a ton of chocolate.

My no-sugar promise to myself has kept me on the right track this week, though it hasn't been easy.

I'm late getting my workout in today and am tempted to skip it altogether. My calves are really sore from my run monday, due to the fact that I'm trying to improve my gait and am tending to run on the balls of my feet too much. I can't quite get it right.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

06 Apr 2011, 1:51 pm

deeprooted wrote:
Bethie wrote:

My no-sugar promise to myself has kept me on the right track this week, though it hasn't been easy.

I'm late getting my workout in today and am tempted to skip it altogether. My calves are really sore from my run monday, due to the fact that I'm trying to improve my gait and am tending to run on the balls of my feet too much. I can't quite get it right.

Salt and Vinegar chips are my weakness. :o

Good for you for sticking to your plan. Don't skip the workout- if it was me, I'd feel rotten afterwards.
You could always walk instead of running. :)

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 5:26 pm

I can be systematic, yeah... I really should schedule eating and excersiing, but even if I want to be systematic, the rest of my life just defies my attempts at organization. Life is so insane... O_o Seems intent of beating me down sometimes.

On a brighter note, I've actually gone running twice this week. ... What? I can't believe I'm actually following through... haha :lol:
Honestly though, it just kinda happened. I did it to get some energy to study with - after taking a nap. I had gotten 2 hours of sleep the night before and 3 the night before that. Man... ):

Yesterday was a little bit discouraging - I found out I didn't win an award that I had been nominated for and applied for in january. I had worked so so hard on the application and I had to e-mail the professors that recommended me/helped me make my essay awesome and tell them I didn't make it so... That was cheery. :lol:

I was feeling a little overwhelmed about other things in addition to that disappointment so I just wanted to get out for a little while. I ran a lap around campus - not sure how far. I was just out for about 20/30 minutes or so but it helped me to feel a little less down (: woo!

I'll probably do the same tonight, run to relieve some stress - looming physics test that I'm studying for plus I learned more discouraging news today. :\

deeprooted wrote:
Today I didn't get my work-out again, but I'm continuing the good eating trend though. My hubby may take me to dinner tonight so I'll have to be extra careful in my choices.
Do any of you have any tips or tricks for eating out?

As for tips/tricks, back when I was on WW, I used to use this site called "dottie's weight loss zone" they ahve all kinda of fast food/eating out point values up there. If you don't count points, at least the numbers kinda correlate with the healthiness of the food - or at least give some indication of calories/fat in otherwise nutritionally mysterious dishes.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 6:09 pm

I'm due to have my gastric band adjusted tomorrow afternoon. I've had it done twice before so it should be a relatively easy process. Back on the shakes for me though. :(

deeprooted
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Apr 2011, 2:23 pm

Bethie wrote:
deeprooted wrote:
Bethie wrote:

Salt and Vinegar chips are my weakness. :o

Good for you for sticking to your plan. Don't skip the workout- if it was me, I'd feel rotten afterwards.
You could always walk instead of running. :)

Salt and vinegar chips are impossible to leave alone. Buying them, for me, would be a recipe for failure.

I must confess I didn't get my workout. I've missed a couple this week, in fact. :roll: I should have taken your advice and walked, but oh well, no looking back. I'll just move forward and do better next week.

Jaejoongfangirl wrote:
[I can be systematic, yeah... I really should schedule eating and excersiing, but even if I want to be systematic, the rest of my life just defies my attempts at organization. Life is so insane... O_o Seems intent of beating me down sometimes.

On a brighter note, I've actually gone running twice this week. ... What? I can't believe I'm actually following through... haha Laughing
Honestly though, it just kinda happened. I did it to get some energy to study with - after taking a nap. I had gotten 2 hours of sleep the night before and 3 the night before that. Man... ):

Yesterday was a little bit discouraging - I found out I didn't win an award that I had been nominated for and applied for in january. I had worked so so hard on the application and I had to e-mail the professors that recommended me/helped me make my essay awesome and tell them I didn't make it so... That was cheery. Laughing

I was feeling a little overwhelmed about other things in addition to that disappointment so I just wanted to get out for a little while. I ran a lap around campus - not sure how far. I was just out for about 20/30 minutes or so but it helped me to feel a little less down (: woo!

I'll probably do the same tonight, run to relieve some stress - looming physics test that I'm studying for plus I learned more discouraging news today. :\

Sorry to hear about the award, but I have to commend you for your attitude. 8)

Stress, anxiety, energy and endorphins. Some of the best reasons to exercise that were ever invented. I've been having a hard time working out more than 3 times per week lately, but the benefits are undeniable. I don't know if I could cope without exercise.

Oh, and thanks for the heads-up about "dottie's weight loss zone". I'll be sure to take a look.

Tequila wrote:
I'm due to have my gastric band adjusted tomorrow afternoon. I've had it done twice before so it should be a relatively easy process. Back on the shakes for me though. Sad

How long will you have to be on shakes? I don't think I'd like being on a liquid diet, though there are some shakes that are pretty good.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2011, 8:45 pm

I ran two steep grades, each about a mile long, the last couple of days and came to the conclusion that I am in just mediocre shape. Boy after I've finished, each about a six mile run, I've done nothing but crave salty foods. I would love to get into great shape while I still can, but I am not sure if I have the willpower for it.

LostInBed
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 7:11 pm

On Weight Watchers so have been eating mainly recipes out of their cookbook for the pst week and a half abouts and having their portion-controlled snacks(of which I am nearly out). Tried one shake and didn't even drink half of it because it "gels" which make it texturally unpalatable for me. Have lost about 3lbs in the aforementioned week and a half ( :cheers: ). Am starting a running clinic(specifically designed for women) next month and am walking in the mean time. I horseride once a week as well.

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 11:54 pm

LostInBed wrote:
On Weight Watchers so have been eating mainly recipes out of their cookbook for the pst week and a half abouts and having their portion-controlled snacks(of which I am nearly out). Tried one shake and didn't even drink half of it because it "gels" which make it texturally unpalatable for me. Have lost about 3lbs in the aforementioned week and a half ( :cheers: ). Am starting a running clinic(specifically designed for women) next month and am walking in the mean time. I horseride once a week as well.
WW! <3 Best of luck!
You doing the core plan or counting legit points? Or do they have some other plan now?

Mackica
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2011, 1:01 am

Last week I was away visiting family,ate super healthfully,doing yoga every day and walking 3 miles in the evening,and light weights.I ate totally vegan and local and lost four pounds in six days,unintentionally.
Now that I'm back...well of course exercising every day; Saturday hiked for an hour and half (daily yoga and weights no need to mention it every time,goes without saying), then walk in evening,ate really well had some raw vegan treats at a music event that evening; yesterday ran an hour in the morning didn't eat so much,just smoothies and salads, sure enough I found myself finishing the box of Napleontanke hazelnut wafers. :x Today I ran hour again, had a yummy coconut water fruit smoothie for breakfast, hearty salad with hummus I made for lunch..but then I started craving peanut butter cookie dough (it's that ladies' time...) and had about a 1/4 cup of it with honey and spelt flour.Felt gross and clogged up after of course. I had some pumpernickel bread with vegan spaghetti sauce and then a smoothie of unsweetened chocolate almond milk with an apple banana cinnamon and raw cacao.
note
I don't think I get enough calories in my diet, so in the afternoon,especially after exercising,my body gets super hungry and the dangerous snacking threats occur.That's why I don't keep any nuts or processed snack foods around,even if they are vegan! I've demolished small tins of roasted macadamia nuts,roasted hazelnuts,raw cacao flax chips..you name it!
My whole craving of said peanut butter cookie dough comes stems from several weeks ago, going to my organic shop during the height of afternoon snack time, seeing a carton of ready made vegan peanut butter carob chip cookie dough,getting it and eating the whole damn thing! 1,000+ calories! I haven't bought the delicious treats such as almond tasty,carob bar,spelt muffin,etc that my organic shop specializes in.Fruit is so much more rewarding and you really feel lighter avoiding processed foods.
So you can see limit is hard for me... :oops:
wow this got LENGTHY...my apologies!

LostInBed
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2011, 7:03 pm

Jaejoongfangirl wrote:
LostInBed wrote:
WW! <3 Best of luck!
You doing the core plan or counting legit points? Or do they have some other plan now?

I'm doing Points Plus the new program that Jennifer Hudson is the spokesperson for. The "points" are called "points plus values" now.

shadowchyld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Apr 2011, 4:49 pm

down to 193 lbs. been eating pretty healthy, but not getting much exercise in, but the calories are cut back to about 1200 for my sedentary lifestyle LOL. When my sunburn from the beach the other day goes away, gonna get to the gym. LOL

Mackica
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2011, 11:00 pm

Yoga this morning and light weights,then I danced for an hour.So much fun.Why don't more people dance,it makes you so happy!

LostInBed
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 5:20 pm

joining a running clinic within the next four weeks

SPKx
Toucan
Toucan

27 Apr 2011, 10:41 am

Just finished 30 minutes on the treadmill at my local gym.