Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 1:16 pm

I think this qualifies under health.

Just curious if anyone else has food allergies, or intolerance's that it may be linked to Autism? Or maybe do you have a delicate digestive system?

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 1:53 pm

I am like a human dustbin, I can eat close to any food.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Goose25
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Sep 2011, 5:54 pm

Like crazy.

Mackica
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 6:57 pm

I think a lot has to do with Blood Type as well.I thought it was a bunch of baloney till I actually got a book about blood types and read it-hit the nail on the head.I'm type A,which is super sensitive digestion,triggered by stress and emotional upsets.I avoid high acid foods such as lemon,oranges,peppers,also all processed foods! Soothing teas in the evening with honey are good to settle your stomach down,as is a nice relaxing walk to get things moving.Oats have long been known to benefit digestion,minus the acidic affect which oranges have (also good for digestion but due to their acid content).Warm oatmeal with honey is a good way to loosen things up.
Make sure you drink enough water as well.
Foods that have always given me trouble:
processed foods such as spaghetti,veggie burgers,cold tofu,tempeh,beans,rice,popcorn,sugary desserts (seriously, a date is such a better option than cheesecake!).
Yogi Tea makes a really good Stomach Ease tea which I've used time and again! If you get queasy,have some peppermint tea.Above all,avoid caffeine! and meat,and dairy! Those are horrible for your digestion!

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 9:24 pm

I can eat about everything, and also try almost any food put in front of me. I almost tend to think trying a variety of things is helpful in that regard as you can make your stomach adaptable to lots of things. I don't know, or I'm supremely blessed or something, my stomach is like iron.