Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Djimbe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jan 2012, 7:20 am

Fern:

Short AND Gangly? How does that work? Height? Weight? Just curious, Never heard anyone described that way b4...

And I disagree with your analysis. You absolutely did the right thing.

Firstly, when you get head-cracked its a lot harder to run than to grapple sometimes. Your balance/perceptions can be off if you have a concussion.

Secondly. pushing your Cardio can increase any blood loss you may be having, and also increase swelling and hemotomas unduly.

Thirdly, what about the next person he did this to? or the last? Likely outcome in this situation is NOT that the tiny girl that just got Headjacked chokes the guy , its buttrape, pure and simple. Bet he doesnt do it again.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 10:46 pm

I hate violence. But I used to fight in self defense semi-frequently in elementary up to halfway through highschool. When I was younger I took some self defense courses and did karate for a brief time so I am able to hold my own reasonably well.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 1:41 am

Djimbe wrote:
Fern:

Short AND Gangly? How does that work? Height? Weight? Just curious, Never heard anyone described that way b4...

I guess saying that I'm in general a "shrip" would be a better way of putting it. I'm 5'3" and 110lbs. I have been pretty much since I was 14 (well, except for when I got really sick one week and went down to 95lbs), before then I was even shorter and more gangly if you can imagine. I'm one of those crazy competitive eating metabolism people. You know. I thought taking up martial arts would help me fill out a women's size small little bit better, but not really. I'm still skinny, but now I have arms and abs resembling those of a very fit 12-year-old boy. Ah well, that's life I suppose. You win some, you lose some.

Djimbe wrote:
And I disagree with your analysis. You absolutely did the right thing.

Firstly, when you get head-cracked its a lot harder to run than to grapple sometimes. Your balance/perceptions can be off if you have a concussion.

Secondly. pushing your Cardio can increase any blood loss you may be having, and also increase swelling and hemotomas unduly.

Thirdly, what about the next person he did this to? or the last? Likely outcome in this situation is NOT that the tiny girl that just got Headjacked chokes the guy , its buttrape, pure and simple. Bet he doesnt do it again.

These are all fine points... which, sad to say were not considered in the heat of that moment. I am very fortunate it turned out fine none the less. There were odd bruises on my feet that hurt for about a month after that, but my head was fine, just a very nice lump. Because of my size and my quiet cheerful personality I think people mistake me for a push-over at times. In reality I am a quick-tempered triple tiger of the Chinese zodiac who is trying really hard every day not to react to sensory overload by punching the person next to me when a passing car honks its horn. lol! That's why I love martial arts! Training has really helped me learn to control my body and my temper.

Thanks 0_equals_true and Djimbe! It's always rough looking back at a conflict and seeing ways to improve. I appreciate your insight.