Page 4 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 5:52 am

In the past: Zoloft, Cipralex, Prozac, Risperdal, Sulpiride, Medazepam, Elenium, Trazodone

Now I'm on Paxil, Abilify and Xanax.

Anybody who hears voices and yet is on ADHD medication?

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 6:22 am

Blimey! that's alot of medication

Did you find the one that suits you?

I'm on sertraline aka Zoloft. 75mg now

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 12:44 pm

Way to many when I was a kid. They made me obese and constantly short of breath. My brother who was in school to be a natropath doctor noticed, called my mom and said, Get her off all them pills before they kill her! That psychiatrist doesn't know what he's talking about!". I walk out of doctors offices the second the suggest taking pysch drugs. I'm an adult now and can make up my own mind. My mom thinks I'm depressed but it's only because she screams at me and doesn't listen.

brightonpete
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2018, 9:22 pm

A few years ago, while still in the military, I was put on Zoloft. It sorta turned me into more of a hermit.

So off that, and tried Paxil. But that didn't do anything for me.

The third one was a two-phase drug. I can't remember what it was called. But I decided that since I was soon to be out of the military, I wouldn't bother with it. That was in 2011 or 2012. I haven't been on anything since.

Ziemael
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Nov 2018, 1:20 am

Venlafaxine HCL to manage anxiety at work and curb my weird ass symptoms I get when overwhelmed by sensory bombardment as I attempt complex tasks at a fast place surrounded by gregarious vulgar and very loud men. Weird ass = itching, burning on hands and arms, scalp/hair pain, increased clumsiness, nausea, stomach so tight for so long my ribs start to cramp, resting state clenched jaw, increased difficulty confirming data from paper to screen and visa versa, a completely blasted short term memory, strange elation from a body high.
They are weening me off of gabapenton, due to the increased frequency of dizziness. But the new drug makes me weak, and makes it even more difficult to sleep. Slows me down enough to where I am no better at job performance than before. Still fear freaking and quitting another job. (Over 40 of them over the last 27 years)

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2018, 8:49 am

Way too many throughout the years

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2018, 5:50 am

Been on zoloft for depression for 7 years. I maybe noticed a slight improvement in the first year but since then I feel like it's doing nothing. I was a minor at the time I started it and had I been mature enough to understand that my depression is external or 'circumstantial' and not caused by a spontaneous chemical imbalance in the brain, I would never have taken any medication. I still want to get off it but it's hard to justify that to doctors when I'm still depressed. Doctors just don't understand my depression. Pills will never cure it because I don't like particular life circumstances. Pills can't change that.