Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

NoamEtedgy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Apr 2012, 3:25 am

Is taking a simple walk outside for about 20-30 minutes is considered physical exercise?

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 3:41 am

Yes.

conan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 6:26 am

i look at it as being as much about getting your blood pumping through movement as it is using your muscles. no idea if that's true tho!

rachel_519
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Apr 2012, 6:35 am

Yes, walking can be good exercise. Walking briskly is best because it gets your heart pumping faster. I think 120 steps/minute is the recommended speed.

Catamount
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 10:15 am

Only if you're mowing the lawn.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 10:17 am

I would define exercise as anything that increases your heart rate.
I'm going for a bike ride later tonight. Looking forward to flying through the streets after dark blasting Florence. :D

to his Interest."

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 11:48 am

It is, but it's not much.You can only walk about a mile in that time. It might be a start to something more.

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

Twolf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Apr 2012, 2:03 pm

Yes. Walking is a great low impact exercise.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 2:07 pm

snapcap wrote:
It is, but it's not much.You can only walk about a mile in that time. It might be a start to something more.

There's no way I coulda done a mile in half an hour when I first started to exercise. Different people have different capabilities. :)

to his Interest."

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 3:17 pm

Walking is great exercise. It's low impact and you can listen to music or podcasts as you walk.

I never used to exercise, but in my late twenties I figured if I didn't want to get diabetes, I'd better be more active. I started by walking around the block after dinner. Then I lengthened my walks to a mile. Then two miles. Lately I'm on a kick to walk down every street in my immediate neighborhood and because I've covered most of the closer streets, my walks are getting to six and seven miles long.

I also bike and do other aerobic, stretching and weight lifting exercises. The great thing about walking is that it can boost your energy just enough that you feel like doing more exercise.