Sleeping pattern is in absolute tatters

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

JoeRose
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Jul 2012, 10:59 am

Recently I've been going to bed at 7am and waking up at about 5pm. It's really distressing me as I can't do anything about it. What really worries me is that I have a very important interview tomorrow at 11:30am and I'm worried that in order to make it I'm simply going to not have to sleep and I'm not going to perform as I should. I guess I'll have to deal with that somehow.
But in the meantime how do I fix my sleeping pattern over the next few days?
People tell me just to wake up at a certain time and make myself but it's too hard. I am always just way too tired and I just end up going back to sleep even if I've got an alarm on. I think it's because it's summer as well. There's simply not commitments to wake up to, so I just end up going to bed later and later. Has anybody else been through this?

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 11:01 am

I'd recommend doing an all nighter one day, like just stay up through 7AM, and go to bed at 5-6PM, and see what happens.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 1:37 pm

I heard ZMA could help.

Blownmind
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 2:21 pm

When I need to adjust my sleep pattern, I always have to get up earlier than I would like and fix it from that end. Trying to go to bed earlier than I feel like, never works for me.

I also read an unusual tip somewhere, eat 600 grams of red meat 30mins before you are going to bed. The digestive system will take most of your bodys energy, and it's easier to fall asleep.

amboxer21
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jul 2012, 2:28 pm

1000Knives wrote:
I'd recommend doing an all nighter one day, like just stay up through 7AM, and go to bed at 5-6PM, and see what happens.

I have a severe sleeping problem. My grand father blames it on the computer lol But I use it to alleviate my boredom while I am sitting there watching TV because i can't sleep.

I usually stay up till 5am and have tried to get to sleep earlier and it never works! I have tried the method 1000knves suggested but to no avail. it just goes right back to where i started.

One thing I have found that does work is seroquel. It is used for crazy people. My mother is in and out of the hospitals and used to take it. She gave me one, one night. I for one have a strong moral disbelief against medications and stuff that is unnatural but maybe you dont. I will tell you this. It put e out in a half hour and i sleep like a baby! I felt like a slept for a year and just felt great the next morning. idk...

amboxer21
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jul 2012, 2:28 pm

1000Knives wrote:

I have a severe sleeping problem. My grand father blames it on the computer lol But I use it to alleviate my boredom while I am sitting there watching TV because i can't sleep.

I usually stay up till 5am and have tried to get to sleep earlier and it never works! I have tried the method 1000knves suggested but to no avail. it just goes right back to where i started.

One thing I have found that does work is seroquel. It is used for crazy people. My mother is in and out of the hospitals and used to take it. She gave me one, one night. I for one have a strong moral disbelief against medications and stuff that is unnatural but maybe you dont. I will tell you this. It put e out in a half hour and i sleep like a baby! I felt like a slept for a year and just felt great the next morning. idk...

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 3:19 pm

You may have Non-24, which means your body's clock isn't working right.

If you're not on some sort of regular schedule, problems can arise. There are two ways to fix this rapidly if you've got something coming up. One is to push your schedule forward a little bit each day, by staying up a bit later, and waking up a bit later. If you're going to bed at 7 am, stay up til 9 am the next day, 10 am the following day and so on.

The faster way is to undersleep. If you can't get through the whole day this way, figure out how long you can and what effect it usually has, and exploit that. Basically you just have to get to know yourself, what keeps you up and what puts you down, and exploit these things.

JoeRose
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Jul 2012, 5:34 pm

amboxer21 wrote:
1000Knives wrote:

I definitely wouldn't advise using other peoples psychiatric medications for your own usages. It can be extremely dangerous so be careful! I wouldn't do that myself like.

although I know this is probably bad on some level but I think is way less dangerous than popping an anti-psychotic - basically take some common anti-allergy tablets that have anti-histamines and have 2 bottles of beer. It will knock you right out. However I'd do this again now but my sleeping pattern is actually that destroyed it wouldn't even work.

I'm gonna go to my interview tomorrow and continue to stay up all day until night time.

and edgewaters I'm not sure whether I have that but I definitely have some sleep disorder. For my whole life I've had trouble with sleep. I'm always amazed when I watch my friends when we're out late in my mates at night and all their eyes are rolling to the back of their head because they're that tired. I haven't experienced that since I was a child!

amboxer21
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jul 2012, 5:51 pm

JoeRose wrote:
amboxer21 wrote:
1000Knives wrote:

I definitely wouldn't advise using other peoples psychiatric medications for your own usages. It can be extremely dangerous so be careful! I wouldn't do that myself like.

although I know this is probably bad on some level but I th
ink is way less dangerous than popping an anti-psychotic - basically take some common anti-allergy tablets that have anti-histamines and have 2 bottles of beer. It will knock you right out. However I'd do this again now but my sleeping pattern is actually that destroyed it wouldn't even work.

I'm gonna go to my interview tomorrow and continue to stay up all day until night time.

and edgewaters I'm not sure whether I have that but I definitely have some sleep disorder. For my whole life I've had trouble with sleep. I'm always amazed when I watch my friends when we're out late in my mates at night and all their eyes are rolling to the back of their head because they're that tired. I haven't experienced that since I was a child!

I don't drink or take pills. I just tried the anti-psych once. I won't even take aspirin.

amboxer21
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jul 2012, 5:51 pm

JoeRose wrote:
amboxer21 wrote:
1000Knives wrote:

although I know this is probably bad on some level but I think is way less dangerous than popping an anti-psychotic - basically take some common anti-allergy tablets that have anti-histamines and have 2 bottles of beer. It will knock you right out. However I'd do this again now but my sleeping pattern is actually that destroyed it wouldn't even work.