Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 10:29 pm

I'm having low readings 2.5 hours after eating. For example today at lunch I ate 970 calories reading 1 hour 139mg/dl two hours 109mg/dl two and a half hours hypo 46mg/dl. Doesn't make sense and I have a moth and a half before my next Dr. visit. Just don't seem right but it has happened a couple times. Image

Sidmor
Raven
Raven

01 Aug 2012, 4:54 am

I have had the same, it's called reactive hypoglycemia and I fixed it by not eating carbs. Lowcarb keeps my blood sugar the same throughout the day.

I think it's in non-diabetics only though. If you have diabetes, it may be caused by too much medicine/exercise which makes the insulin too effective.

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 7:56 pm

Sidmor wrote:
I have had the same, it's called reactive hypoglycemia and I fixed it by not eating carbs. Lowcarb keeps my blood sugar the same throughout the day.

I think it's in non-diabetics only though. If you have diabetes, it may be caused by too much medicine/exercise which makes the insulin too effective.

75% 0f the calories were healthy fat, 15% protein, 5% starch 5% simple sugars.
It just don't make any sense. :shrug:

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 10:03 pm

Also it depends what you are classifying as "fat".
Some of what we classify as "fat" (like dairy) turns into sugar in the body. So you need to be very precise with it.

You also might need to spilt some of your lunch up into smaller portions. At the beginning I had to eat once every hour to keep it stable.
As the months went by, it became once every two hours and now it's once every 3. Soon I should be able to go once every 4.

But after 2.5 hours mine is usually quite low, not that low and it's been getting better, but I can't go longer than 3.5 hours without food yet.

In the beginning, I would encourage you to just keep food on your desk at work and eat a small sizeable snack once an hour instead of eating a big meal once every couple of hours.

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 7:54 pm

It might be easier to brake down the meal. Two burritos made from salmon filets brown beans lightly buttered. 60ml 1/4cup wall nuts 120ml 1/2cup sun flower seeds, two extra sharp cheese cubes. A 200 ml drink of unpasteurized milk that I counted as quick sugars. 1L water with lemon and mint no sweetener. Desert was 60ml 1/4 cup frozen black berries unsweetened.

Ill try splitting it up more see if I can get it in check. Its really iffy when I get into the high thirtys causes seizures really dangerous as I work in a garaged with cars.