Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 6:22 am

Does anyone else have unconventional ways to encourage weight loss for themselves?

One thing I do sometimes is make sure to wash my clothes often, as they will shrink if I wash them enough. This encourages me to lose the weight, so my clothes aren't too small on my body. I think about losing weight more this way and it keeps me more consistent with having a better diet and doing healthy exercise.

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 7:47 am

Black coffee.

It reduces hunger, contains no calories, and makes you fidgety so you tend to burn more energy.

However, you need to make sure that it doesn't mess with your sleep habits, because bad sleep habits promote weight gain.

Blownmind
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 11:48 am

I usually push my car around. That way I save money on gas, AND I get exercise.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 1:03 pm

Do lots of yard work. Pushing cars around helps as well. Try to find a hobby that requires a lot of physical activity that yields concrete results so it feels like accomplishing something greater than yourself. Like remodeling houses or something similar. That way you can use up calories while creating something you will feel proud of. This might make the weight loss seem easier and more productive.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2012, 12:41 am

To be honest, you can lose weight by doing various activities such as running but you won't build specific definition unless you isolate and work on those body parts in places you want to achieve definition.

A good way is to do uphill sprinting and lots of high intensity workouts, this will definitely get your body fat lower.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2012, 8:45 am

One thing I've seen people do on television is run up and down sand dunes. There's also running up and down stairs. One thing you can try is taking an elastic band with you while jogging or walking and use it to work on your upper body and arms by using the resistance in the band, pulling it with your hands and arms.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2012, 3:27 pm

Swallow parasitic worms and then take medicine to kill them once you reach your weight goal

:eew:

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

Dear
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jun 2012, 7:52 am

Parachute jump and you'll lose some kilos ;)

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2012, 12:25 pm

snapcap wrote:
Swallow parasitic worms and then take medicine to kill them once you reach your weight goal

Brilliant! I'll add that to harcore smoking and fasting and I'll finally have the healthy body I've been looking for :sunny:

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2012, 12:58 am

Chopping wood or swinging a sledgehammer on to a tyre, uphill sprinting will definitely build your legs and give you greater lung capacity and stamina.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb8Z6-5mcUI&feature=related[/youtube]

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2012, 8:22 am

snapcap wrote:

Aw, you beat me to it! I'll second it then!

WhiteWidow
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 5:18 pm

The only way to lose body fat is consume less calories. Problem solved. Close thread now thanks

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 5:27 pm

Stimulants, I don't need to lose weight if anything I need to gain some...but stimulants cause your body to use more energy which can promote some weight loss, not that it's a healthy way though. Obviously caffeine and nicotine are basically the legal stimulants unless you can get a prescription for ADHD meds. Anyways I don't advise that as a healthy way but I know stimulants can have that effect.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 5:29 pm

Oh and anxiety disorders....at least in my experiance tend to have kind of stimulant effects except without the euphoria in place of that you get 'oh sh*t impending doom!' I did weigh 95 pounds for a few years and since my symptoms have gotten worse I've gone down to 91 pounds apparently not too healthy according to the doctor I saw I should weigh at least 100 for a healthy weight.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 21 Jun 2012, 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 5:29 pm

snapcap wrote:

People used to sell tape worm segments in catalogs as weight loss aides.

It is true. Less calories mean less weight. If you want to lose weight, don't eat! Don't listen to people who say eat five small meals a day. That's just too many calories. Skip meals and don't eat a lot. The weight will come off.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 5:34 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
snapcap wrote:

People used to sell tape worm segments in catalogs as weight loss aides.

It is true. Less calories mean less weight. If you want to lose weight, don't eat! Don't listen to people who say eat five small meals a day. That's just too many calories. Skip meals and don't eat a lot. The weight will come off.

Don't do that whatever you do...according to 1000 Ways To Die someone died from that. Basically it reproduced inside of her so the tape worm larvae went all over even into her brain....so basically the things sucked all her needed nutrients out and essentially the woman was eaten alive from the inside. So don't do that.