Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

RageHQ
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Sep 2012, 7:36 pm

I'm an asperger's too and have tons of excess energy. What I've been doing is going to the gym daily and working myself ragged with the goal of training in martial arts. I 3rd the martial arts idea, because even though they do have classes, it's a great sport to do alone too, get yourself a bag to kick or something, do some moves, meditate. Another thing I was looking into myself was archery. Yes, the equip might start out as expensive and in some places, ranges might be far away. So, I don't know about your situation. Where I'm at (Columbus, a city of course) doesn't have much in regards to archery, but there are places / clubs you can join to shoot alone.

So, archery and martial arts. Golf can be done alone. Shoot some! It's unfortunate all these things cost money..... go on hike trails? I like to pretend I'm on an adventure and go walking for hours..

JacobV
Toucan
Toucan

07 Oct 2012, 7:37 am

The best and most fun sport to do alone by far is cycling/bike riding. You can either bike around your neighborhood (if it's bike-friendly) or you can pack a bike on your car and head out to a bicycle-only trail somewhere or make up your own. I made up my own little 12-mile cycling route that crosses from brooklyn into rockaway and back using two walkable bridges, a few miles of beachfront stretch, riding through two awesome parks and just a few blocks of mixed vehicle traffic. No one has ever given me any stares for cycling alone and it gives you an awesome feeling of freedom through speed and mobility on your own pedal power. ofcourse all the sights and peacefulness you get to see on your way wil really refresh you and give you a heck of a healthy workout. pm me if you want more info about my nyc/nj trails

heatherbk
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Oct 2012, 3:20 pm

Swimming & Cycling

Deathinmusic
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Oct 2012, 5:38 am

I think it's great fun to play tennis alone against a wall, if you have access to a decent wall. Not only can you get a great cardio workout, you get to improve different strokes through repetition. It's quite different from actual tennis but can be a lot of fun.

0utsideLookingIn
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Oct 2012, 11:13 am

I've always gravitated toward individual sports: running, swimming, hiking, cycling, bowling, martial arts, dance. I also really enjoyed shooting hoops by myself and playing catch with a tennis ball against a wall when I was younger.

Have you tried trail running? I've found it's a lot more fun to run "off-road" than to jog on a treadmill, road or track.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 1:07 pm

Disc golf!! (aka frisbee golf) That's great fun, if there's a course near you. 8)

26 Oct 2012, 9:54 am

Pondering wrote:
Shooting hoops at the basketball court.

I second that. :D

bruinsy33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Nov 2012, 11:06 pm

How about power walking? I used to play hockey but always found the locker room banter annoying.I am much more content with walking.You can do it just about anywhere and there is more variety to it than one would think.You could try Nordic walking for instance.