Page 1 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

goddog
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jan 2013, 12:45 am

If your lungs are like mine......
it will make you shorter of breath than you were before!! !! !! !

I am done with drugs and drinking all together.......
except anti-depressants!

God bless all! In Jesus : )

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 12:57 am

I tried pot and didn't like it.

Love caffeine, though.

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 1:14 am

I have epilepsy and can't tolerate any of the prescription drugs - they're just too strong. I take them and I can't think straight. A few of them had me drooling and slurring my speech. My neurologist suggested I try medical marijuana. That did the trick. The seizures stopped completely, and none showed up on the EEG. I'm so happy with this alternative. The regular epilepsy drugs will damage the liver and kidneys. As for being high, I don't use pot with a high thc content and because I use it regularly, I hardly ever get high. I'm mainly after the cannabinoids.

I both smoke it and use infused oils in my diet. If I get a cold or anything respiratory, I just use more of the oils.

conan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 4:52 am

you can always vape or eat it. Common knowledge is that vaping does not effect your airways negatively and it seems unlikely eating it would.

If it's not for you then theres nothing wrong with that :)

Arcanyn
Toucan
Toucan

31 Jan 2013, 7:05 am

Best to just eat it. Nobody smokes coffee or bananas, or most things they want to absorb some desirable molecule or other from. We have this wonderfully 'designed' digestive system that's just great at absorbing all sorts of substances from things we consume - best to just use that.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 6:10 pm

I can't stand weed for myself but I have absolutely no problem with others smoking it. I think it should be legal.

When I smoke it though, oh man! I have tried so many times when I was younger and still occasionally, like every couple of years try some in hopes that it'll do to me what it does to others, but nope. The God Of Weed And Stoners does not love me. It makes me focus entirely on what I think must be happening inside my body at that moment and usually I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be happening. I hate it.

Once I enjoyed it. It was some fluffy light green Hawaiian kind hubby said. This was back right after I first got married. None of that has been around since, that I have ran across or had offered to me anyway.

I miss Quaaludes though. Now that is showing my age!

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 6:25 pm

My husband smokes it. My mother doesn't like it because it gives her a very bad migraine and she has told my husband to do it outside because it gives her a headache. She is allergic to the pot. But he kept doing it in his bedroom, he would open a window to air it out or close the vent in his room and it would still waft to the basement. Then he got a air filter thing and my mother still woke up with a very bad headache so she yelled at him right in front of his brother who was also smoking it saying she will move out and sell our house because we can't afford it on our own and we will live separately in our own homes. Now my husband does it outside but he still scrapes his pipe in his room and I smell the pot.

My husband said I have been calmer lately and free from anxiety. Maybe because of less pot in the house? I had no clue the smell could effect me. But it's just a guess.

He smokes it to help him deal with the pain in his feet.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Phaeton
Raven
Raven

07 Feb 2013, 1:13 pm

My friend Mike liked to smoke but he was married and his wife did not like it. He put a garden hose in his living room with the end outside. He would keep a cork plugged in the end and open it to blow smoke out through the hose.
This kept the smell entirely outdoors.

He committed suicide later, it was not the marijuana.
He had quite a load he had to carry, but I found the hose trick to be innovative and I pass it on in his memory.

I do not give advice on smoking, it seems to have differing effects on folks and I cannot tell in advance what the effect may be.

LimitedSlip
Raven
Raven

07 Feb 2013, 1:59 pm

conan wrote:
you can always vape or eat it. Common knowledge is that vaping does not effect your airways negatively and it seems unlikely eating it would.

If it's not for you then theres nothing wrong with that :)

It's sad that you are the only person who even mentioned the possibility of vaporizing it. I have never smoked pot but I support it's legalization and if it were legal the only way I'd try it would be vaporized (and I would definitely try it).

meems
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 9:02 pm

I mostly vape or bake it, my eighty-year old neighbor up the road has awful arthritis so I bake it into lots of treats for her. We get stoned and watch The Big Bang Theory sometimes. It leaves me completely free of pain for a few hours but I don't use it to self-medicate really, I do it because I enjoy it, the positive side effects are just a plus.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 11:15 pm

i can't help but think that if carl sagan and steve mcqueen avoided the weed, they both might still be with us today.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 12:05 am

I'd rather have marijuana than pharmaceuticals, at least it doesn't make me all f***d up just more calm and relaxed which helps me function. For instance I have a prescription for trazodone for anxiety and sleep, if I take it for anxiety then sure it reduces the anxiety symptoms but that's just because its sedating so it doesn't exactly help me function at all just takes away the worst of the anxiety by dulling my mind and stopping a lot of the physical symptoms. Cannabis on the other hand would calm the anxiety and then allow me to get on with the day and do what needs to be done and such.

But to each their own different things work for different people, if anti-depressants worked for me then I might take them but I am not very willing to experiment with anymore of those when so far its only backfired....I guess benzos every day at least klonopin is not a good idea for me either it made me all caulky and aggressive which is pretty much not how i am at all and the worst part was I didn't even realize it.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 2:09 am

Smoke is bad in general. There are better alternatives to smoking.

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 12:22 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I'd rather have marijuana than pharmaceuticals, at least it doesn't make me all f***d up just more calm and relaxed which helps me function. For instance I have a prescription for trazodone for anxiety and sleep, if I take it for anxiety then sure it reduces the anxiety symptoms but that's just because its sedating so it doesn't exactly help me function at all just takes away the worst of the anxiety by dulling my mind and stopping a lot of the physical symptoms. Cannabis on the other hand would calm the anxiety and then allow me to get on with the day and do what needs to be done and such.

But to each their own different things work for different people, if anti-depressants worked for me then I might take them but I am not very willing to experiment with anymore of those when so far its only backfired....I guess benzos every day at least klonopin is not a good idea for me either it made me all caulky and aggressive which is pretty much not how i am at all and the worst part was I didn't even realize it.

If the NT's can sedate us, they don't have to deal with us.

Certainly for me, medical marijuana has been a game changer - in the best of all ways. I'm more functional than ever and being happy isn't as much work as it used to be. What's hard is how Society is really weird about it, but whatever. Society gets weird about everything. I can't be responsible for everyone else's problems.

Drone
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Feb 2013, 2:40 pm

I hate anything that's mind altering, be it marijuana, alcohol, or any type of medicine. I don't like drugs in general. I only take them when almost fatally ill.

itzybitzyspyder
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2013, 1:47 am

I smoke weed regularly. THC affects three different parts of the brain: memory, pleasure and pain. My sister smokes to aleviate back pain and I smoke to dull my memory. When you remember evrything you need to conserve the finite space in your brain or you will go insane. I not only rember information that I know, but also where and when I learned it. I remember the exact moment when I understood the concept of volume. I also remember when I was three years old and adults were amazed that I could write. I was an orphan who grew up in state custody and I have terrible memories. Not quite PTSD, but solidified in my brain cells in a similar way. It seems that when strong emotions are involved the memory does stay longer. All of my emotions are strong with the exception of a state I call null. I can turn off all of my emotions for short periods giving myself sweet serenity for a bit. I need marijuana to not go insane from mental overload. Not really forgetting, but not remembering for a time.