Page 2 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 3:59 pm

Strange, myself and other friends who run find it opens up our lungs & allows for a longer harder better run. We'll take a short smoke break part way through a run to have a smoke break and then continue on better than before.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

27 Feb 2013, 4:07 pm

Pot raises dopamine levels, which makes your Asperger's worse. I once dated an aspie girl who practically became a zombie after smoking tons of pot. I broke up with her, not knowing it was the pot. So yeah, don't do drugs. They are evil.

Not only that, pot increases the risk of developing Schizophrenia. Many people with Asperger's are already prone to developing this. Not fun at all!!

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 5:04 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
Pot raises dopamine levels, which makes your Asperger's worse. I once dated an aspie girl who practically became a zombie after smoking tons of pot. I broke up with her, not knowing it was the pot. So yeah, don't do drugs. They are evil.

Not only that, pot increases the risk of developing Schizophrenia. Many people with Asperger's are already prone to developing this. Not fun at all!!

How do you figure any of this is true and factual??

Sure, pot may raise dopamine levels, but that doesn't make aspergers worse. If anything it makes it better. While there aren't any pharmaceutical drugs specifically for aspergers, the only ones that are prescribed are add/adhd meds - almost all of which are stimulants that increase dopamine in order to reduce adhd/aspergers symptoms. The one I take (dexedrine) does exactly that.

The girl you broke up with was a zombie because she smoked a Lot of pot, plain and simple. Smaller doses can be used therapeuticly (sp?) Just as small doses of stimulants are. Typical therapeutic dose of adhd meds is 1/20th the amount that a recreational user might use of a similar stimulant, ie methamphetamine. Same goes for pot - small doses of the right strain consumed in the right way can be good medicine, large doses as well for some depending on what they're treating.. But for pretty well anyone, smoke "tons of pot," as you stated she did, and you're going to be a high stoned zombie... Just like there's a big difference between A glass of wine/beer and a chronic alcoholic that drinks a 40 a day.

And time and time again there's been no proven link between marijuana use and the onset of schizophrenia. Its theorized that the only likely link is that those with somewhat troubled minds may find some relief in smoking weed and are naturally drawn to doing so, but there is no cause-effecgt relationship that's ever been proven, only a loose correlation with several distinct theories as to why.

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 7:36 pm

goddog wrote:
If your lungs are like mine......
it will make you shorter of breath than you were before!! !! !! !

I am done with drugs and drinking all together.......
except anti-depressants!

God bless all! In Jesus : )

I hope you realize how utterly ridiculous what you just said was...

Marijuana is natural. If there is a god, he created it. Man created anti-depressants, and they've been causing all kinds of problems. Are you suggesting some dick in a white coat who makes millions of dollars selling you pills knows better than god? If this god you believe in wanted you to take anti-depressants, he would have made prozac plants. But he did not. he made marijuana. Also, marijuana is not a DRUG; It is an HERB. DRUGS are man-made and processed.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 10:39 pm

<3 so much win! :D

MaxPower
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Mar 2013, 10:42 am

DerStadtschutz wrote:
Marijuana is natural. If there is a god, he created it.

Volcanos (the hot exploding mountain type, not the vape) are natural too. As are scorpions, jellyfish, etc. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it's necessarily good for you.

That said, a bit of natural medicine is a wonderful thing. Different strains for different times and activities, but it's so helpful with feeling "normal," relaxing, sleeping, socializing, etc. And so much healthier than booze (which I love too).

awesomeautist
Raven
Raven

05 Mar 2013, 11:09 am

Drugs are bad, m'kay. You shouldn't do drugs. If you do them, you're bad, because drugs are bad, m'kay. It's a bad thing to do drugs, so don't be bad by doing drugs, m'kay, that'd be bad."

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2013, 9:28 pm

I hate drugs. :evil:

I hate to be dependent on external substances, except for food, water and oxygen.

My grandmother who smoked pot invited me to try it once.

I told her to grow up. :roll:

MaxPower
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Mar 2013, 12:00 pm

MannyBoo wrote:
I hate drugs. :evil:

I hate to be dependent on external substances, except for food, water and oxygen.
Good for you. Know that not everyone who uses caffeine, alcohol, thc, nicotine, etc. are "dependent" on them.

MannyBoo wrote:
My grandmother who smoked pot invited me to try it once.

I told her to grow up. :roll:
Try being a little polite and respectful to your elders, particularly your grandmother. Sometimes old people are just crotchety old people stuck in the past, but sometimes they know more than you do. Who knows, you might like it.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 4:37 pm

MannyBoo, from your other posts, I assume you've never tried recreational drugs.

How can you hate something you have absolutely no first hand experience with?

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 12:57 am

MaxPower wrote:
Good for you. Know that not everyone who uses caffeine, alcohol, thc, nicotine, etc. are "dependent" on them.
Try being a little polite and respectful to your elders, particularly your grandmother. Sometimes old people are just crotchety old people stuck in the past, but sometimes they know more than you do. Who knows, you might like it.

Possibly. But external substances like caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, etc, because they are addictive substances, are much easier to accidentally fall into a dependency on, than on strawberries and pineapple juice.. I think its safe to say that a glass of water can never be as addictive as a cigarette.. We have to drink water regularly because have to, if we don't we die. But we are not addicted to the water, like a chain smoker is to a cigarette.

My grandmother is not around anymore so it doesn't matter. Age is a societal fabrication anyway so whatever...

Last edited by MannyBoo on 08 Mar 2013, 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 1:20 am

goldfish21 wrote:
MannyBoo, from your other posts, I assume you've never tried recreational drugs.
How can you hate something you have absolutely no first hand experience with?
Nope. I never have, despite many opportunities to do so, despite invitations by people around me to try something, i have always refused. When i was younger i felt peer pressure to be cool, but i later i did not care anymore.

Why do i hate drugs? To be frank, (sorry no offense) i think it is a weakness to be dependent on an external substance that your body doesn't already naturally produce by itself. I believe our bodies are already water bags of chemicals and "natural drugs" so why not trigger the drugs we already have? For example, listening to music, hiking in the hills, club dancing for hours, meditation, mantras, whatever, etc. By doing these things i frankly feel really good, i honestly feel high, feel top of the world.. So no need for external substances. I simply want my body and mind to be pure and pristine. To me this is perfection. I am proud of my "virginity" :lol:

I do not dictate to others what to do or not do. I think you should do or not do whatever you want. I simply hate drugs for myself :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 1:55 am

^^^
then what do you do when you have a splitting headache?

meems
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 2:15 am

I love weed so much.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 2:23 am

why can't somebody make pot tea?

meems
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 2:26 am

Tyri0n wrote:

There are foods that increase dopamine levels, like chocolate, some fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds etc. So does exercising. Increased dopamine levels don't mean anything bad for a lot of people, myself included. I'm literally on medications meant to increase my dopamine levels.

And there is no legitimate evidence that smoking pot is a direct cause of increased risk of developing schizophrenia.