Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2013, 11:59 am

The main idea behind Eco Psychology is that even though we operate in an industrialized society, our minds were evolved for a more natural pace.

Therapy involves being outdoors, away from the pace of modern civilization.

I was wondering if anyone here has actually tried it out and had experiences they would like to share.

MichiganWolverine
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Mar 2013, 8:55 am

I took a trip to a ropes course with a couple of my close friends during a very stressful time for me. I know it really isn't "therapy" but it really did help me a lot. Just being away from all of the stress and taking your mind off of things really helps.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 5:27 pm

Intuitively, yes, and it's awesome.

I can take public transit to the foot of a mountain & then go hike it, or the ones around it, aallllll day. Head up, hang out, hike down back down later.. mountains, birds, a few small animals, creeks & waterfalls, plants & trees and rocks and and and.. and it's very relaxing and rejuvenating. If you've never spent much time outdoors in nature, especially when you really need to get away & de-stress, you don't know what you're missing. Just go outside!

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 10:14 pm

Theres a lake I can walk to, the nearest mountain is at least 20 miles away. Not that I'm stressed right now.