Weirdness. Ulcer? (TMI Grossness, you've been warned)

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

fueledbycoffee
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 2:39 pm

So I've had this problem for about a year now. Every time I lay on my side for an extended period of time (such as taking a nap on the couch or reading while lying down), I get a very odd sort of bloating. I don't feel especially bloated, but I do feel... floaty? perhaps, and the gas is accompanied by a (I don't know how to describe) sharpness, I guess. It feels, for lack of a better adjective, rancid, as though it's eating through the intestinal lining or something. The thing is, it's only ever when I'm on my side for a while.

I googled my symptoms and a few people who sounded similar said they had an ulcer. I would go to a doctor to find out, but I have no insurance. Has anyone else heard of anything like this?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 6:12 pm

sounds a lot like the GERD I've been dealing with for most of my adult life. I simply cannot lie down within about 3 hours of eating or drinking anything. the zantac takes the edge off of it.

fueledbycoffee
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 8:12 pm

Acid reflux? Thanks, man, I'll look into it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 8:20 pm

just had a thought- if you are indeed like your username ["fueled by coffee"] then that is not doing your symptoms any favors, either.

fueledbycoffee
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 8:27 pm

auntblabby wrote:
just had a thought- if you are indeed like your username ["fueled by coffee"] then that is not doing your symptoms any favors, either.

Lol, yeah, probably not. I've been drinking tea a lot more, recently, though. That might help.

I have noticed that it's gotten slightly better since I cut back on the coffee and beer and soda and such.