Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

PDBowden
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 May 2013, 2:19 pm

If l get into a bad mood, I try to balance whichever chakra is out-of-sync. Has anyone else here have ever tried chakra therapy for healing?

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2013, 2:26 pm

I don't believe in it myself, and yet I have a "chakra balancing" necklace. If it works for you, great.... but I just wear the necklace because the colors are pretty. :shrug:

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 May 2013, 2:29 pm

I am currently looking into it!

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2013, 2:46 pm

I don't even know what it is, but it sounds like a mixed drink.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 5:17 pm

My brother has suggested it to me a number of times, but I haven't really made an earnest effort with it, other than to do some guided meditations on chakra stuff occasionally. Pretty sure some of my health issues are a sign my chakras are pretty solidly blocked up, to the degree I'd probably need some sort of a chakra laxative at this point. Chakra-mucil or something.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 5:45 pm

eric76 wrote:

It's New Age / Mystic mumbo-jumbo - another way of getting gullible and ignorant people involved in something they don't understand in order to extract money from them, either directly by offering "Chakra Therapies" for a fee, or indirectly by selling books, trinkets, and treatments for home study and use.

A "chakra" is allegedly a center or station of flowing life-energy, with anywhere from five to seventy (or more) arranged along the central vertical axis of the human body, beginning at the base of the spine and ending just above the crown of the head. The alleged life-energy of the chakras is not measurable by any physical means, thus any claims for its existence have no basis in fact. Even though some people have tried to associate the chakras with physical organs (such as the gonads and the thymus), there is no physical evidence to support these claims, either.

Disclaimer: Back in the 1980s, when I was a professional "psychic", I used to offer "Chakra Alignment & Cleansing" treatments for $20 on the first visit, and $50 on each visit thereafter. They were nothing more than your average full-body massage session, but in a peaceful environment that included chamomile tea with organic honey, a variety of chocolates, wind chimes, various crystals, soothing music and scented oils. I had many repeat customers - mostly women ... lonely, middle-aged women who wanted nothing more than for a nice man to pay attention to them and tell them that their natural beauty lay in their souls, that they had unrealized potential, that their mature figures made them more "womanly", that they had lovely smiles and sweet voices, et cetera.

Sometimes, an afternoon therapy session with a woman would last well into the evening ... :wink:

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 May 2013, 6:06 pm

Fnord wrote:
The alleged life-energy of the chakras is not measurable by any physical means, thus any claims for its existence have no basis in fact. Even though some people have tried to associate the chakras with physical organs (such as the gonads and the thymus), there is no physical evidence to support these claims, either.

So, they are mere fantasy then?

Fnord wrote:
Disclaimer: Back in the 1980s, when I was a professional "psychic", I used to offer "Chakra Alignment & Cleansing" treatments for $20 on the first visit, and $50 on each visit thereafter. They were nothing more than your average full-body massage session, but in a peaceful environment that included chamomile tea with organic honey, a variety of chocolates, wind chimes, various crystals, soothing music and scented oils. I had many repeat customers - mostly women ... lonely, middle-aged women who wanted nothing more than for a nice man to pay attention to them and tell them that their natural beauty lay in their souls, that they had unrealized potential, that their mature figures made them more "womanly", that they had lovely smiles and sweet voices, et cetera.Sometimes, an afternoon therapy session with a woman would last well into the evening ... :wink:

It seems that chakras aren't the only fantasies being discussed here... :wink: '

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 6:13 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
Fnord wrote:
The alleged life-energy of the chakras is not measurable by any physical means, thus any claims for its existence have no basis in fact. Even though some people have tried to associate the chakras with physical organs (such as the gonads and the thymus), there is no physical evidence to support these claims, either.
So, they are mere fantasy then?

Religious fantasies, to be specific. The "chakra" concept originated in Hinduism.

hartzofspace wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Disclaimer: Back in the 1980s, when I was a professional "psychic", I used to offer "Chakra Alignment & Cleansing" treatments for $20 on the first visit, and $50 on each visit thereafter. They were nothing more than your average full-body massage session, but in a peaceful environment that included chamomile tea with organic honey, a variety of chocolates, wind chimes, various crystals, soothing music and scented oils. I had many repeat customers - mostly women ... lonely, middle-aged women who wanted nothing more than for a nice man to pay attention to them and tell them that their natural beauty lay in their souls, that they had unrealized potential, that their mature figures made them more "womanly", that they had lovely smiles and sweet voices, et cetera. Sometimes, an afternoon therapy session with a woman would last well into the evening ... :wink:
It seems that chakras aren't the only fantasies being discussed here... :wink: '

Busted - The extended sessions happened only twice in one year. :(

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 8:41 pm

Fnord wrote:
eric76 wrote:

It's New Age / Mystic mumbo-jumbo - another way of getting gullible and ignorant people involved in something they don't understand in order to extract money from them, either directly by offering "Chakra Therapies" for a fee, or indirectly by selling books, trinkets, and treatments for home study and use.

A "chakra" is allegedly a center or station of flowing life-energy, with anywhere from five to seventy (or more) arranged along the central vertical axis of the human body, beginning at the base of the spine and ending just above the crown of the head. The alleged life-energy of the chakras is not measurable by any physical means, thus any claims for its existence have no basis in fact. Even though some people have tried to associate the chakras with physical organs (such as the gonads and the thymus), there is no physical evidence to support these claims, either.

Disclaimer: Back in the 1980s, when I was a professional "psychic", I used to offer "Chakra Alignment & Cleansing" treatments for $20 on the first visit, and $50 on each visit thereafter. They were nothing more than your average full-body massage session, but in a peaceful environment that included chamomile tea with organic honey, a variety of chocolates, wind chimes, various crystals, soothing music and scented oils. I had many repeat customers - mostly women ... lonely, middle-aged women who wanted nothing more than for a nice man to pay attention to them and tell them that their natural beauty lay in their souls, that they had unrealized potential, that their mature figures made them more "womanly", that they had lovely smiles and sweet voices, et cetera.

Sometimes, an afternoon therapy session with a woman would last well into the evening ... :wink:

Hmmm. My niece has a tanning solon. Maybe I could volunteer my "services" for a sideline.