Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Sherlock03
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2013, 4:03 pm

I like to be outside a lot and frequently work without gloves, which kills my hands. I would like to condition my hands so they are less prone to the cold. Any ideas what techniques are out there that might work?
( don't say moisturize)

V001
Toucan
Toucan

14 Dec 2013, 6:44 pm

If you start in the fall and keep going outside your hands will adjust. There is no way around the hurt that i know of sorry it;s part of the adjustment and it';s still not a very good idea but it can be done.

Sherlock03
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2013, 7:05 pm

I heard that if you stand nude in the snow with your hands and feet in hot water you can condition blood cell dilatation in the hands and feet.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2013, 6:56 am

Actually moisturizing is wrong, because of the water in moisturizing cream freezing and so damaging your hand.

For protecting your hands, while working outside, people use around here so called scandinavian cremes. (Example: Neutrogena Scandinavian Formula) Instead of moisturizing your hands, and so damaging it when you actually touch something that is freezed. The scandinavian cremes simply cover your hand with fats and glycerin, and so protect your skin from the cold effects of drying/getting fissures.

The cold stays the same, there is actually nothing to avoid that directly, but wearing handgloves. ^^ Protecting your body the more against cold, helps a bit against cold: Because if the blood temperature of your core body gets to low, your body starts to reduce the blood flow into the limbs, and so they become cold more easy. So the longer you can protect the blood temperature of your core body, to become cold, the later will your body start reducing the blood flow into your hands.

Sherlock03
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2013, 12:52 pm

There is no weird sort of chi thing that Scandinavians use to dilate the blood in your hands and feet?