Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

boredNerd
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Mar 2014, 2:58 am

I've been horse riding for about a month now and just wondering if anyone else does it.

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 9:32 am

not since becoming Vegan - used to love doing it.

TheMighty_Moo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Mar 2014, 1:10 am

I used to do it a lot when I was a kid but don't have time to do it now. I'm thinking of going to a summer school with horse riding lessons. It's going to be pretty cool. 8)

Moo approves!

Moomingirl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 2:07 am

I used to ride a lot, but I had a couple of crashing falls and lost my nerve. Don't let me put you off though, I rode for a living so I got to ride some feral horses. They don't put learners on those, just young stupid apprentices with no close family members to complain. :P

I still love horses from the ground though. :)

boredNerd
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Mar 2014, 1:26 am

The grounds pretty soft where I ride so I'm not to worried about falling off. Besides I've crashed on my mountain bike and that didn't put me off mountain biking.

Moomingirl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2014, 1:45 am

You're obviously braver than I am then. :D

I do miss it, but nowadays I freak out even on old retired plods. I did psych myself up to riding a donkey around a farm last summer. It's a really weird feeling. They have no withers at all, and incredibly narrow shoulders. You constantly feel like you are going to fall out the front door. :P

boredNerd
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Mar 2014, 2:59 am

I've done scarier things than horse riding I used to go indoor rock climbing that's a hell of a lot scarier but ironically it's actually safer. Donkeys are pretty small even if you did fall off you wouldn't fall very far. I've never ridden a donkey myself would be quite a unique experience I would imagine.

IreneS
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Mar 2014, 9:37 am

I love horseback riding! I've been doing it since I was little and I've had my own horse. Sadly, he's dead and it's been a long time since I've ridden. I miss it a lot, I hope to start doing it again soon.

jdbob
Toucan
Toucan

02 Apr 2014, 1:22 am

I used to have a riding horse back in the 1980's. Have a couple of miniature horses as pets just because I like horses. Only riding I've done in the last couple of decades has been on holiday in New Zealand. Mostly because it was the only time I had any kind of insurance (accidents are covered - even for bloody tourists).

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 8:17 pm

used to ride for the RDA [riding for the disabled association] on and off [according to when places shut down or was moved to another area] from ten till twenty nine and am now a athlete at wirral special olympics club competing in horse riding,hope to make the nationals one day,was recommended for top level equestrianism a few years ago by the RDA.

still miss the horse that used to ride until twenty nine;she was a rebelious mare who woud bite the two RDA staff who walked her on lead rein as they were rough with her but we were great friends,she was a gorgeous skewbald cob called jasmine; http://theresidentialautist.blogspot.co ... ather.html
or; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef5fRHQWfHY
she was badly abused as a youngster and was eventualy rescued by the RSPCA,millers nook RDA took her in and rehabilitated her but she still cant have a head collar put on her as she associates that with the awful vicious abuse she was put through.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Atom1966
Toucan
Toucan

15 Apr 2014, 9:42 pm

Used to be into horseriding when I was a teen. Took lessons as well back then.