Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2014, 4:23 pm

I smoke a pack a day which doesn't really bother me, but I feel guilty about second hand smoke, especially with my Mom who shares an apartment with me. So I got this e-cigarette. I like it. Instead of smoke, water vapour is released. Mom is happy about it, in fact she bought it for me.

So, my question is: are you less bothered by emissions from e-cigarettes than you are of cigarettes? And why or why not?

onewill5330
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 May 2014, 10:24 pm

I have tried and tried again on the e-cig path. I started with the regular ones that looked like normal cigs. Then a few years down the road got intrigued by the new liquid versions. Everyone I have been around has not complained on either type. However, I am only able to last a few days at the most on them as i get really nervous about change and feel like I have to go back.

Ultimately, I like them and the ability to change the flavor whenever you want, however, I think you have to have the mindset to be successful with them. Sometimes the vapor actually smells like the flavor, I have coffee, berry, sweet tobacco, and a minty one. I might try them again soon, I want to quit, I just get really nervous and wind up buying another pack.

Pobbles
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2014, 11:00 pm

I have an e-cig, has quite a nice flavour to it, but it doesn't beat the cocktail of filth and carcinogens that real ones have.

Unfortunately it hasn't helped me stopped smoking at all. I only use it in places where tobacco is banned. Like the cinema, and doctor's waiting rooms 8O

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 7:02 am

Depending on what flavors you get, they are none toxic for the most part, especially if you get liquid that does not contain nicotine. I am very OCD about my health, so I can't stand being around smoke plus it irritates my sinus glans. I would say the e-cigs are a good choice, the liquid for the most part is just vegetable glycerin. Even if you can't ween off the ecigs and want them to replace your habit of smoking, it's a great alternative. I don't smoke, but I have friends who do.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 7:25 am

Well, it's been a day and I think I might be able to get used to it. The fluid I bought is just nicotine, no wacky flavours.
But it's just not the same. I love the smoke! I miss it. However, I made an arrangement with my mom and I'll stick to it.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 12:52 pm

[img][800:750]http://www.vapeitnow.com/pics/joyetech-starter-kit/black-joyetech-ego-c-sk-1000mah-3.jpg[/img]

This is the one I got.
It has a large battery, so it lasts a day and you get two so you can rotate them.
I'm enjoying the vapour more and more. It's soothing.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 2:35 pm

Well it's good you're getting used to it. Besides the nicotine, which isn't that bad to begin with, it's definitely a good alternative and shouldn't really have much of a negative impact on your health.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 3:04 pm

CommanderKeen wrote:
Besides the nicotine, which isn't that bad to begin with, it's definitely a good alternative and shouldn't really have much of a negative impact on your health.

Yes, I've been told that the nicotine is not that harmful, that it is the other added chemicals that are bad. But then I wonder what else goes into the liquid and how harmful that may be. But mom is happy, so that's good.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 3:32 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
CommanderKeen wrote:
Besides the nicotine, which isn't that bad to begin with, it's definitely a good alternative and shouldn't really have much of a negative impact on your health.

Yes, I've been told that the nicotine is not that harmful, that it is the other added chemicals that are bad. But then I wonder what else goes into the liquid and how harmful that may be. But mom is happy, so that's good.

Just go look up the manufacturer of the e-liquids.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 3:39 pm

Well, the label says:

Procylene Glycol (<70%)
Glycerin (30%)
Nicotene (1.8%)
Food Grade Alcohol
Natural and Artificial Flavourings

None of those sound too scary. And I am feeling less congested.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 3:51 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
Well, the label says:

Procylene Glycol (<70%)
Glycerin (30%)
Nicotene (1.8%)
Food Grade Alcohol
Natural and Artificial Flavourings

None of those sound too scary. And I am feeling less congested.

Yeah, so besides the nicotine, it would be like heating up a jolly rancher pretty much lol.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 4:04 pm

Quote:
Yeah, so besides the nicotine, it would be like heating up a jolly rancher pretty much lol.

Cool 8)

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 7:08 pm

Forgot to tell you before, if you want to go even healthier than that some companies make e-liquids without artificial flavoring.

foodeater
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jun 2014, 1:33 am

i just got into ecigs after 3 years of being quit smoking and wow. i think the break made the transition much smoother.

overall i like them better than cigarettes because my sinuses are clearer, no funky taste and i can basically use them whenever without worry about fire or ashes.

for me, nicotine actually has some health benefits while other drugs have worse side effects and long term prognosis. in 3 years i hadn't found anything else that works as well.

i'll probably fill some on my own with water just because i also find the behavior to be relaxing. you aren't supposed to exhale the vapor, but it's fun.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2014, 11:10 am

I am totally loving it! Right now I've got a liquid with a high nicotene percentage, but I'm going to try to lower it. Half the fun is just playing with the thing. It's a wonderful stim object.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 4:38 am

I'm bumping this thread because I absolutely love this thing. My breathing has gotten better and I feel healthier. I ran out of liquid the other day and a friend offered me a cigarette. It actually made me feel nauseous, like I was smoking for the first time. I couldn't even finish it.

So I encourage fellow smokers to give e-cigs a try. It's kinda like smoking a pipe because it's always available.

Oh and it's a heck of a lot cheaper too.