Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 1:29 pm

I do not know how I did caught a cold in the middle of summer :-(

Now I have a 38.5 C fever, took APAP (Paracetamol) I hope it will help me.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 2:28 pm

that high of a fever indicates something more than a cold. please see a doc.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 2:49 pm

cathylynn wrote:
that high of a fever indicates something more than a cold. please see a doc.

Tomorrow I go to the doctor

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 4:22 pm

Feel better soon, pawelk1986! I know you made a post about liking orange juice, so I think it would be a good idea to drink some because it has vitamin C.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2014, 2:35 am

pawelk1986 wrote:

Now I have a 38.5 C fever, took APAP (Paracetamol) I hope it will help me.

Actually in english, and most other languages it is called "a cold", but in the end its nothing else than viral or bacterial infections causing that. And viruses and bacterias exist in the summer as well. The reason, why they mostly spread in colder seasons, is because of the cold and less daylight weakening our immune system. As well that because of the closed windows in winter viruses and bacterias can easier spread themselves in buildings, and the dry heating air drying your nose, makes it as well easier for viruses and bacterias to pass your "wet-nose" immune defense.

So, because of your immune system being better, and air more often exchanged in buildings, you are less likely to get a cold in summer, but if you have sufficient contact with an infected person, then the viruses/bacterias can spread and infect you. I actually feel with you, my mum infected me in 39th pregnancy week with an bronchial infection, that she mismentioned for an two week enduring asthma/allergy-attack, that her usual asthma-medicine whyever could not propperly fight. -.-

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2014, 7:51 am

You have over a 101 degree fever. It's something more than a "cold." Have you seen a doctor yet?

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2014, 8:25 am

pawelk1986 wrote:

The weather in Poland was tricky recently - it was hot but the wind was cold and dry. It was more like a early autumn weather, not classic summer one despite the fact it is summer now.
I also catched a cold, fortunately one without fever (at least so far) - just cough and some muscle ache.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2014, 12:10 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You have over a 101 degree fever. It's something more than a "cold." Have you seen a doctor yet?

Yes today I was at my doctor.

In her opinion, the sooner the fever might be a viral infection than the common cold, so she gave me a prescription for anti-viral drugs.

I wonder if I could catch something in the hospital, because a week ago I was in the hospital for tests on local anesthesia, my dentist wanted to know what can give me during dental procedures.

When I was in the hospital the doctor who took care of me there, did not like my blood pressure, told me to consult with my internist.
So today when I was at my doctors prescribed me medication for high blood pressure, she said that I should measure my blood pressure twice a day, and save the results, that she want look at this during next visit.
According to my doctor high blood pressure is a serious matter, and the shall not neglect, because it can result in serious cardiac diseases. She said more worried about my hypertension than viral inflammation, which it believes will pass in a few days.

The doctor said that my hypertension is caused by my overweight, because weighing nearly 140 kg, the doctor said I should immediately go on a diet.
Although in my case, it can be difficult, because I like to to eat well :D

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2014, 12:13 pm

Kiriae wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:

The weather in Poland was tricky recently - it was hot but the wind was cold and dry. It was more like a early autumn weather, not classic summer one despite the fact it is summer now.
I also catched a cold, fortunately one without fever (at least so far) - just cough and some muscle ache.

That I wish you a speedy recovery and that did not worsen