Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

UnmaskedEmperor
Raven
Raven

29 Aug 2014, 2:27 pm

Steroids can not make one aggressive and hotheaded, who is not already so! However; an increase in testosterone (or synthetic testosterone) levels is bound to turn up the emotional temperature. If you're a positive and upbeat person, you'll likely become more-so. If you have a tendency towards hotheaded aggression, this will be more pronounced. Let's also take into account how steroid use is typically viewed, by society at large. There are a lot of negative ideas about the use of anabolic steroids and that is bound to make some people feel guilty about using them! Some may find this aspect upsetting enough to lash out.

The amount of misinformation being spread about performance enhancing drugs is obscene! The truth is: there are appropriate and inappropriate uses of these substances. If you use them intelligently, the risks are minimal. You have to look at the risk to benefit ratio and take the time to plan your cycles properly! If you don't take that course of action, you deserve whatever side-effects you get from your ignorant decision. If you're going to add a tool to your kit, you'd better have a good reason for it and know how to use that tool! To discount a tool that could be of use to you; because of someone else doesn't like it, is downright foolish!

The ongoing campaign against PED's is the result of what's been coined "Neo-McCarthyism". There was a time when professional sports were riddled with steroid use and it was widely accepted. It was the US government who decided to demonize anabolic steroids, because the "evil Russians" were using them (anabolic steroids=Communism). The medical establishment had not not opposed to the use of anabolics by athletes; but after being fed so much propaganda, is pushing the same agenda.

From a moral standpoint; the only time I would deem it "wrong" to use PED's, is if you're an athlete competing in a drug tested federation. If you use and lie about it: you're pretty much just a scumbag.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 12:06 am

I'm all for roids but you have to have a serious bias, or misunderstanding to truthfully believe that steroids cause no more increased aggression and mood swings than caffeine...

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 4:25 am

Pondering wrote:
I'm all for roids but you have to have a serious bias, or misunderstanding to truthfully believe that steroids cause no more increased aggression and mood swings than caffeine...

Feeling something with greater intensity does not equate to increased aggression or mood swings. You have increased aggression because you are naturally aggressive and uninhibited. You have mood swings because you are prone to mood swings to start with.

Steroids DO NOT have mood altering compounds in them. The feelings you get are your own.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 7:39 am

They don't have mood altering compounds? They alter your hormone levels for christ sake, which has potential to alter your mood, regardless of the situation.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2014, 7:09 am

Kurgan wrote:
Pondering wrote:
Roid rage isn't a myth, but roid rage is a annoying thing to name what it really falls under. "Increased aggression and mood swings" and this side effect is well documented through science... Yes self control plays a big role, but there are certain people who do not do well on steoroids, or particular types of steroids.

Caffeine increases your aggression and your mood swings just as much. How often do you see caffeine junkies attacking people? If you expect steroids to make you aggressive, then you may start behaving aggressively on-cycle because of the placebo effect. As a rule of thumb, people who are @ssholes on-cycle are @ssholes off-cycle as well.

If it became publicly known that steroids do not make you aggressive, does not cause dick atrophy, and that they generally have very few side effects if you stick to injectable testosterone and Deca, it would make No-Xplode, gainers, CLA, and so on worthless. Supplement manufacturers would be limited to selling proteins, multivitamins, creatine (if you do not produce enough of this yourself), and Omega 3.

What about the effect they have on your heart though? It's obviously a muscle too and the body's main-organ, so steroids must do some pretty weird chit to it especially if used on-and-off for a long period of time.

I know steroids aren't completely bad though and could be worth it if you could quit them, and keep a lot of the gains you've made from using them for a relatively short time like a period of months or so.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2014, 1:38 am

Venger wrote:
What about the effect they have on your heart though? It's obviously a muscle too and the body's main-organ, so steroids must do some pretty weird chit to it especially if used on-and-off for a long period of time.

I know steroids aren't completely bad though and could be worth it if you could quit them, and keep a lot of the gains you've made from using them for a relatively short time like a period of months or so.

The "bad" effects of anabolic steroid use are pretty much 99.9% linked to irresponsible and excessive usage.

The best use for them is to help you attain your potential faster than you could normally. People who use them to get to sizes that are otherwise unattainable lose those gains as soon as they stop using them.

If used from time to time and done responsibly, it really isn't any more dangerous than a lot of the poisons doctors won't hesitate to write you a prescription for.

The key is to know your medical history (if you have certain risk factors, it may be a bad idea for you) and to do your research.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Sep 2014, 6:45 pm

I found reducing my testosterone with hormone meds made me less irritable, less angry & generally alittle happier so I'd imagine that steroid use would cause the opposite effects sense testosterone would be increased.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 7:03 pm

^^^
Roid-rage could also be partially due to the increased heart-rate and high blood-pressure that steroids likely cause while on them.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 11:04 pm

This is off topic but I've always wondered if the world would be more peaceful if testosterone levels in men lowered a bit. Then this came out recently.

Did feminization create modern humans?

Quote:
Duke University anthropologists have been measuring more than 1,400 ancient and modern skulls, leading them to theorize that modern humans emerged at the same time as a lowering of testosterone levels.

Cieri argues that human society advanced when people started being nicer to each other, which entails having a little less testosterone in action. "Heavy brows were out, rounder heads were in, and those changes can be traced directly to testosterone levels acting on the skeleton," according to fellow Duke anthropologist Steven Churchill.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 9:17 am

One thing that's peculiar is that human males have much more testosterone than any ape males. :)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Sep 2014, 10:43 am

Kurgan wrote:
One thing that's peculiar is that human males have much more testosterone than any ape males. :)
Ironic sense apps are known to play with their junk in front of others. Wait I'm thinking of drunk frat boy humans :lol:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2014, 2:30 am

OK. Go on any steroid forum and read people's experiences with trenbolone or halotestin, or even anadrol or superdrol, or going further down the line, testosterone suspension (oh man, it's the same stuff as in your own body, right?) I used to be pro-steroid before actually talking to and reading forum posts of idiotic steroid users. Now I'm very much anti-steroid for the most part, as Dr. Ziegler, the man who pioneered Dianabol use in athletes said, "I lost interest in fooling with IQ's of that caliber. Now it's about as widespread among these idiots as marijuana." And "but I wish to God now I?d never done it. I?d like to go back and take that whole chapter out of my life."

The problem is, bodybuilders are NOT taking steroids as medically designed, and they're taking compounds that have fallen out of medical use due to side effects, or were never approved drugs at all (Superdrol) due to their toxicity. But as far as the dosing. Your body naturally makes about 60mg testosterone a week. The most any medical professional will let someone take is 250mg as testosterone replacement therapy. Most bodybuilders generally run a gram a week, with many running 3-5 or more easily. So only 4-20x the max recommended dose. Perfectly healthy, perfectly safe. Even with Dianabol (methandione) the medically recommended dose for full androgen replacement therapy was 5mg, but most bodybuilders will take 30mg per day or more for weeks at a time, on top of their gram of testosterone or nandrolone or whatever other drugs.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2014, 6:35 am

1000Knives wrote:
OK. Go on any steroid forum and read people's experiences with trenbolone or halotestin, or even anadrol or superdrol, or going further down the line, testosterone suspension (oh man, it's the same stuff as in your own body, right?) I used to be pro-steroid before actually talking to and reading forum posts of idiotic steroid users. Now I'm very much anti-steroid for the most part, as Dr. Ziegler, the man who pioneered Dianabol use in athletes said, "I lost interest in fooling with IQ's of that caliber. Now it's about as widespread among these idiots as marijuana." And "but I wish to God now I?d never done it. I?d like to go back and take that whole chapter out of my life."

The problem is, bodybuilders are NOT taking steroids as medically designed, and they're taking compounds that have fallen out of medical use due to side effects, or were never approved drugs at all (Superdrol) due to their toxicity. But as far as the dosing. Your body naturally makes about 60mg testosterone a week. The most any medical professional will let someone take is 250mg as testosterone replacement therapy. Most bodybuilders generally run a gram a week, with many running 3-5 or more easily. So only 4-20x the max recommended dose. Perfectly healthy, perfectly safe. Even with Dianabol (methandione) the medically recommended dose for full androgen replacement therapy was 5mg, but most bodybuilders will take 30mg per day or more for weeks at a time, on top of their gram of testosterone or nandrolone or whatever other drugs.

There's no point in taking more than 1200 mg of testosterone; you're better of supplementing it with other steroids. Trenbolone makes you emotional, but not necessarily aggressive. Trenbolone isn't approved for use on humans, though.

Most bodybuilders who cruise do not go higher than 250 mg, though. IFBB pros are exceptional in the sense that their inner organs are much more durable than that of a regular man. Lastly, dianabol is not testosterone, but a derivative that's been chemically altered to be absorbed through the liver. Although potentially harmful, it's no more dangerous than the binge drinking European teens are so fond of.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2014, 10:50 am

Several studies have provided evidence that the link between anabolic steroid use and aggression may (partly) be due to self-selection:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25261635
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3218214/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16585446
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12821208
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12762541
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11693226

Individuals who already possess aggressive (or outright antisocial) traits may thus be more likely than others to begin using steroids.

From the most recent study (the top one above):

Quote:
Purpose: AAS users and contemplators were investigated for differences in aggression and body image concern. Prevalence rates were sought as a secondary aim. Method: 396 male adolescents at Norwegian high schools completed a questionnaire battery during school hours. Results: Prevalence of AAS use showed 4.0%; AAS contemplation showed 5.1%. No significant differences between the AAS users and contemplators were found on levels of aggression and body image concern. AAS users and contemplators reported significantly higher levels of aggression and body image concern compared nonusing controls. Conclusions: AAS contemplators enhance understanding of AAS use by representing psychosocial factors contributing to increased aggression, and AAS use or risk thereof indicative of an aggressive personality profile. Body image concerns for AAS users and contemplators may indicate that AAS use does not diminish body image concern, and that body image concern is a risk factor for AAS use. This is supportive of previous research.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2014, 11:55 am

GGPViper wrote:
Several studies have provided evidence that the link between anabolic steroid use and aggression may (partly) be due to self-selection:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25261635
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3218214/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16585446
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12821208
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12762541
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11693226

Individuals who already possess aggressive (or outright antisocial) traits may thus be more likely than others to begin using steroids.

From the most recent study (the top one above):

Quote:
Purpose: AAS users and contemplators were investigated for differences in aggression and body image concern. Prevalence rates were sought as a secondary aim. Method: 396 male adolescents at Norwegian high schools completed a questionnaire battery during school hours. Results: Prevalence of AAS use showed 4.0%; AAS contemplation showed 5.1%. No significant differences between the AAS users and contemplators were found on levels of aggression and body image concern. AAS users and contemplators reported significantly higher levels of aggression and body image concern compared nonusing controls. Conclusions: AAS contemplators enhance understanding of AAS use by representing psychosocial factors contributing to increased aggression, and AAS use or risk thereof indicative of an aggressive personality profile. Body image concerns for AAS users and contemplators may indicate that AAS use does not diminish body image concern, and that body image concern is a risk factor for AAS use. This is supportive of previous research.

These articles just show that aggressive individuals are more likely to seek out anabolic steroids, rather than proving that AAS makes people aggressive. Many bodybuilders have PTSD, daddy issues, a history of bullying in their childhood, and so on, where most of their issues stem from. Moreover, cutting makes bodybuilders irritable.

Icyclan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jan 2015, 8:23 pm

It baffles me how people, even those educated on the subject, treat steroids as some monolithic group of medicine. Steroids vary greatly. An Anavar and low Test cycle won't give anyone roid rage.

Roid rage is not a myth, however. I've seen gentle, almost timid lifters turn into raging lunatics on a Halotestin cycle. That stuff is hate in a bottle. Add in some Tren and a gram of Test and witness the horror.