Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

FedUpAsp
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2014, 12:19 am

I have a raging appetite and I'm 50 lbs overweight. I am always hungry and need to loose at least some of that weight before I end up on insulin injections...but my appetite is so strong I'm eating all day, every day, and not always healthy foods. Does anyone know of a natural, non-prescription way to control appetite? When I exercise, I get hungry! So that doesn't work. :/

Yew
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Dec 2014, 2:29 pm

I don't eat bread and pasta anymore and it seems to decrease appetite. There's something in wheat that works like opiates so it's more a food addiction than real appetite when you crave it.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 7:00 pm

Eat foods with low glycemic index (to prevent sugar rushes/crashes)
With dinner, have a low calorie food first, then eat the rest
Eat slowly (the last two are because it takes a while for the brain to realise you've eaten enough)
Avoid empty calories (ice cream, pizza, sodas)
Try to eat some very low calorie foods with dinner, not every day of course. Carrots and saurkraut are both extremely low in calories and healthy as well. And you can eat them cooked, or cooked and mashed with potatoes, or raw as a salad.With low calorie foods it doesn't matter so much if you overeat. If you ate carrots all day you'd probably starve to death since they contain so little calories. That's why grazing herd animals have to eat continuously all day.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 5:27 am

Yew wrote:
I don't eat bread and pasta anymore and it seems to decrease appetite. There's something in wheat that works like opiates so it's more a food addiction than real appetite when you crave it.

They did a study on this and it actually that you are eating more protein that mean you feel less hungry.

That said you still need to balance your diet.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 6:53 am

cocaine

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 12:37 pm

anna-banana wrote:
cocaine

Amphetamine especially crystal meth.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 4:00 am

water and chewing gum work wonders for me.
the water fills my stomach as if i had food, and the gum allows me to chew, fooling my brain into thinking that i'm eating.

the combo of chewing and having 'something' in your body can make for a very effective anti-appetite method