Page 2 of 50 [ 799 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 50  Next

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 2:03 am

Cycled 14.2 k's. Also walked to the library and back this morning - 4.5 k's.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2015, 7:46 am

The weather has been rubbish, so Im using the treadmill instead and struggling to run more than 2.5k, is it summer yet!

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2015, 11:35 am

100 chin ups done

It's my daily exercise.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2015, 6:13 pm

The weather here has sucked for several days (lots and lots of rain). So, I haven't triked since Wednesday. Today was supposed to be sunny. It wasn't, but at least it didn't rain.

I managed to get my 17.5 miles in under the perpetual gloom... :(

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2015, 6:54 pm

Dillogic wrote:
100 chin ups done

It's my daily exercise.

I can't even do 1. :(

I just spent some time picking heavy things up and putting them down again, and after this I'm off to the swimming pool.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2015, 7:11 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:

We all have things we can and can't do and/or have trouble with.

I'm sure you're a better bike rider than me. :)

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2015, 7:18 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:

We all have things we can and can't do and/or have trouble with.

I'm sure you're a better bike rider than me. :)

Better swimmer too probably. :)

That feel when people are openly admiring your swimming prowess when you go to the pool.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 1:38 am

^ Yeah, I'm a crap swimmer. Can swim enough to prevent drowning but not enough to prevent embarrassment. I like to be on the water, not in it.

Cycled 7.4 k's, rowed 8.3 k's, walked 3 k's.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 2:01 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
Better swimmer too probably. :)

No doubt.

Though with some practice, I reckon I'd give you a run. :) As long as no butterfly; I'm too physically ret*d to do that.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 2:08 am

y'all put this old man :bigsmurf: to shame :oops: when I was young I could do those things you describe, but now all I can do is walk about the neighborhood "like I'm late for a meeting" [in the words of dr. Daniel Amen] and then ride my bikee recumbent up and down the hills in my corner of the woods, and today I mowed the lawn. that made me all sweaty like the out-of-shape person I am. but I do the walking and biking most days and I still am not in the shape I was when I was young. am recovering from a severe back ailment [popped lumbar disc, spondylolisthesis, sciatica, lumbar stenosis] that came to a head last summer and left me bed-ridden. I hope I can recover to where I was before. anyways, here's a pic of me ride-
nothing else bent beats it for riding on bumpy rutted country roads :thumright: thank god for the suspension :)

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 1:58 pm

^^^ That's pretty nice. I wish I had shocks on my trike.

Well, I did my usual 17.5 miles this morning, and despite much better weather, it was a fowl ride!

First, I encountered two wild mallards and a heron wade-fishing in a stream just north of downtown. Then I encountered about a dozen more domestic geese/ducks at a local pond. And finally, on my way down to the lake, I saw a HUGE flock of wild Canadian Geese...

As a non-fowl bonus, I did also see a young fawn crossing the trail in front of me down at the lake. At first, I thought it was a dog, but nope, it was a baby deer...

There's a HUGE herd of whitetails living in the area. I'm surprised they haven't had an urban archery hunt around here yet... (not that I relish the idea of hunters skulking around the park while I'm riding through...)

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 2:52 pm

I alternate between stuff for my upper body mostly with two 20 lb. dumbbells with lower body exercises. For my upper body I do 3-4 sets of 10 Zottman curls, with two sets of 10 jori-like swings, with a set of jumping jacks. Also when no one is home I lift the couch in the house partially over my head, and proceed to some what bench press the couch. For my lower body I've a duffel bag full of cards, and I dead lift the duffel bag for four sets ten times to my waist.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 7:16 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
^^^ That's pretty nice. I wish I had shocks on my trike. Well, I did my usual 17.5 miles this morning, and despite much better weather, it was a fowl ride! First, I encountered two wild mallards and a heron wade-fishing in a stream just north of downtown. Then I encountered about a dozen more domestic geese/ducks at a local pond. And finally, on my way down to the lake, I saw a HUGE flock of wild Canadian Geese... As a non-fowl bonus, I did also see a young fawn crossing the trail in front of me down at the lake. At first, I thought it was a dog, but nope, it was a baby deer...There's a HUGE herd of whitetails living in the area. I'm surprised they haven't had an urban archery hunt around here yet... (not that I relish the idea of hunters skulking around the park while I'm riding through...)

speaking of trikes and suspensions, I used to own a sun tri-classic recumbent trike which is a much cheaper version of your trike, and it dearly needed a suspension, in fact its lack of suspension is what wrecked my back this last time, so I had to sell it and get the bikee. in any case, be glad it was a fowl ride rather than the wreck that happened to me when a gang of deer got in the way and one of 'em crossed in front of me before i could steer away, and it sent me flying over the handlebars and into the hospital about 2 years ago. :oops:

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 12:18 pm

Luckily I have a nice smooth paved trail system to ride on. So, I can get by without shocks for the most part. Although, if I could find some shocks for my seat mounts, I'd definitely invest in them!

I remember you posting about that wreck with the deer... Now I'm paranoid. There are TONS of urban deer in the parks around here!

So, I got up early and did my usual course this morning. It was nice and sunny. I was a bit disappointed in that I didn't see any herons fishing today, but there were a few other birds--They were about a third the size of a heron with long legs and beaks and brown/gray feathers...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 3:10 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
Luckily I have a nice smooth paved trail system to ride on. So, I can get by without shocks for the most part. Although, if I could find some shocks for my seat mounts, I'd definitely invest in them! I remember you posting about that wreck with the deer... Now I'm paranoid. There are TONS of urban deer in the parks around here! So, I got up early and did my usual course this morning. It was nice and sunny. I was a bit disappointed in that I didn't see any herons fishing today, but there were a few other birds--They were about a third the size of a heron with long legs and beaks and brown/gray feathers...

as a bent rider, you have less to fear from deer than I did on my high-center-of-gravity upright bike that I crashed on that year. don't worry but do keep alert and resist the tunnel vision of high exertion. your low-center-of-gravity terratrike should prevent you from being thrown from the bike like I was. what you CAN do to improve the ride quality is to get yourself some high density foam wedges, and stack a medium-density wedge on top of the high density one, that will give you some absorption of the bumps, that is what I did with my sun tri-classic trike, it was a notable improvement in the bumpiness at least, if not the torsional forces.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 5:07 pm

Just back from a run beside the river, the surface was like a mirror, the song thrush was singing and the smell from the whitethorns in bloom made it a perfect run. So much better than a treadmill.