Page 6 of 49 [ 772 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 49  Next

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,714
Location: Meandering

10 Jun 2015, 4:44 pm

Hurt my hamstring, only a gentle walk today.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,943
Location: Queens, NYC

10 Jun 2015, 5:56 pm

As long as you do SOMETHING, you're okay. Rest the hamstring.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 96,453
Location: the island of defective toy santas

10 Jun 2015, 6:19 pm

^^^
QFT on that! give injuries plenty of time to heal!



Amity
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,714
Location: Meandering

10 Jun 2015, 6:34 pm

Im hoping it will be healed for tomorrow, we have an official tag game. Might be, just maybe, perhaps a bit wishful.

This is what happens when Im daft enough to train with a high energy athletic child. Shakes head at self.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 96,453
Location: the island of defective toy santas

10 Jun 2015, 6:36 pm

^^^
listen closely to your body's signals and react quickly when they come.



Amity
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,714
Location: Meandering

10 Jun 2015, 7:11 pm

^^Wise words Aunty



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 96,453
Location: the island of defective toy santas

10 Jun 2015, 7:15 pm

^^^
thanx Amity :mrgreen:
today was about 15 degrees cooler than yesterday so I decided rather than wait for evening, to do my bikee ride up and down the hills early this afternoon :)



Amity
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,714
Location: Meandering

11 Jun 2015, 5:36 pm

Back from a Tag game, good result, was only on the bench for 10 minutes, the 40 minute game was kind of easy by comparison to the 90 minutes training.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 96,453
Location: the island of defective toy santas

11 Jun 2015, 6:47 pm

did the usual uphill/downhill biking, then did manual yard work involving swinging a "golf club" weed cutter cutting down brush for an hour or so. sweaty.



LyraLuthTinu
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jul 2014
Age: 52
Gender: Female
Posts: 631
Location: Tacoma

13 Jun 2015, 6:59 pm

An hour on the treadmill

Hip adductor: 28#
Hip abductor: 42#
Leg press: 75#
Chest press: 35#
Shoulder press: 30#
Abdominal Crunch: 45#
Torso Flex: 80#

And half an hour on the elliptical.
No pec/dorsal fly or rowing machine today, and there was a weight machine that I thought about trying while I was on the elliptical and saw another person using it. Motor planning is so much easier if I see someone else demonstrating, whether deliberately for me or by happenstance, first. But I didn't do it--I was tired and thirsty after elliptical, and daughter was along and I'd already made her get off the stationary bike on account of time to go.

But I lost 3# while at the gym so I know I was sweating and burning calories!


_________________
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 141 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 71 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)
Official diagnosis: Austism Spectrum Disorder Level One, without learning disability, without speech/language delay; Requiring Support


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 96,453
Location: the island of defective toy santas

13 Jun 2015, 9:17 pm

is there a single poster here with pain issues [injury/arthritis/et al] that influence how they exercise?



Amity
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,714
Location: Meandering

14 Jun 2015, 4:07 am

auntblabby wrote:
is there a single poster here with pain issues [injury/arthritis/et al] that influence how they exercise?

I have residual pain from a disk injury, and frequently get sciatica if I do not exercise on a regular basis.
I cant do many yoga poses anymore due to the accordion effect they have on my spine, but pilates is ok though.
I am lucky that its totally manageable without pain medication, the more active I am, the less pain I experience.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 96,453
Location: the island of defective toy santas

14 Jun 2015, 4:21 am

Amity wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
is there a single poster here with pain issues [injury/arthritis/et al] that influence how they exercise?

I have residual pain from a disk injury, and frequently get sciatica if I do not exercise on a regular basis.
I cant do many yoga poses anymore due to the accordion effect they have on my spine, but pilates is ok though.
I am lucky that its totally manageable without pain medication, the more active I am, the less pain I experience.

can you tell me how the injury occurred and where in your spinal column it is? my issues are a popped disc @ L1, spondylolisthesis @ L4-5/S1, and generalized stenosis between those two points, in addition to thoracic scoliosis of approx. 15 degrees.



Amity
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,714
Location: Meandering

14 Jun 2015, 4:34 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Amity wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
is there a single poster here with pain issues [injury/arthritis/et al] that influence how they exercise?

I have residual pain from a disk injury, and frequently get sciatica if I do not exercise on a regular basis.
I cant do many yoga poses anymore due to the accordion effect they have on my spine, but pilates is ok though.
I am lucky that its totally manageable without pain medication, the more active I am, the less pain I experience.

can you tell me how the injury occurred and where in your spinal column it is? my issues are a popped disc @ L1, spondylolisthesis @ L4-5/S1, and generalized stenosis between those two points, in addition to thoracic scoliosis of approx. 15 degrees.

I crushed my coccyx when I landed on it in a horseback riding accident, took a tumble backwards from an unruly horse and landed in the seated position; it took a long time to heal and did not return to its original form. Approx six years later I had a prolapsed disc in the lumbar region L2 or L3, I can’t remember which, caused by repetitive heavy lifting. Pilates helped tremendously with the residual sciatica, which I still experience bouts of when I don’t exercise regularly. I also have mild thoracic scoliosis and regular massages help loosen the related muscle tension.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 96,453
Location: the island of defective toy santas

14 Jun 2015, 4:45 pm

Amity wrote:
I crushed my coccyx when I landed on it in a horseback riding accident, took a tumble backwards from an unruly horse and landed in the seated position; it took a long time to heal and did not return to its original form. Approx six years later I had a prolapsed disc in the lumbar region L2 or L3, I can’t remember which, caused by repetitive heavy lifting. Pilates helped tremendously with the residual sciatica, which I still experience bouts of when I don’t exercise regularly. I also have mild thoracic scoliosis and regular massages help loosen the related muscle tension.

wow :o you have spondy also! but it sounds like you have largely transcended these injuries and live a normal life, you are strong and fortunate. wish my insurance would pay for massages.



Amity
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,714
Location: Meandering

14 Jun 2015, 5:04 pm

I don't know if I am strong, but I have a high pain tolerance, which I think leads to a disconnect in the warning signals that something I'm doing will lead to pain. The injury is going to occur, but I might not feel/notice the precursor to the injury, if that makes sense. I was told when I injured my back that long term I would have to become very active to live without sciatica, yes, I am very fortunate to be able to live without constant pain.
How did your injuries happen, and if I remember correctly you experience pain on a daily basis?