Japanese Mugicha / Barley Tea 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Other 17%  17%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 103

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 4:23 pm

Kafka on the Shore wrote:
3. Green, Oolong, and White tea primarily. More specifically, "White Monkey" green (aka Dong Fang Mei Ran, Oriental Beauty, Bai Hao, and White Tip Oolong) - this tea is arguably green and/or oolong, my favourite Oolong has to be Tung Ting, and white tea has to be White Flowery Pekoe.

Where do you buy these white teas? Thank you.

Kafka on the Shore
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 May 2016, 4:54 am

"Where do you buy these white teas? Thank you."

There is a shop on the road I live that sells a fantastic - the highest selection in the UK might I add - range of teas. They do have a website - which I actually helped them with - and I think they even deliver now. Here's the site - https://www.itstea.co.uk/

People always talk about how they 'lose their train of thought', with me, it's not the singular; my mind is greater comparable to Waterloo Station - with multiple trains coming and going at all times. It's as if I'm standing on a platform, alone, watching this chaos going on, picking out what I can from the residual matter left behind.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 5:01 pm

/\
cheers :)

MsGreen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 May 2016, 1:25 pm

1. YES
2. A couple of cups a day.
3. Varies between roibos, black tea (preferably with berry taste, strawberry) and green (citrus or jasmin)/white. I really like a white with watermelon taste. Really weird and sooo good.
4. Straight. But chai with lots of warm milk.
5. I'm from the north. We always drink hot drinks here.

MsGreen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 May 2016, 1:27 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
Kafka on the Shore wrote:
3. Green, Oolong, and White tea primarily. More specifically, "White Monkey" green (aka Dong Fang Mei Ran, Oriental Beauty, Bai Hao, and White Tip Oolong) - this tea is arguably green and/or oolong, my favourite Oolong has to be Tung Ting, and white tea has to be White Flowery Pekoe.

Where do you buy these white teas? Thank you.

I think you should try looking in health-shops or organic grocery stores if you don't find it in a special tea store.
It's not so common in ordinary grocery stores here at least.

Butterfly
Butterfly

12 May 2016, 2:37 pm

1. Yes

2. 1 cup/day

3. English breakfast or green

4. Straight

5. I enjoy preparing it, and its taste.

louisphilip91
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 May 2016, 7:16 am

tea is healthy for health but green tea is much healthier as compare to other.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2016, 6:25 pm

Lately I've been drinking hot Kava Kava tea in the evenings.

It helps my mind and body - Chill.

EnmaLionheart
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 May 2016, 3:15 pm

MannyBoo wrote:
1. Do you like to drink tea?

2. How often do you drink it?

3. What kind of tea do you like?

4. Do you like your tea straight, or with milk, sugar, or lemon?

5.Why do you drink tea? For liquid? For health? For relaxation? For taste?

1) Yes! :D

2) It's often varied for me.

3) Haha, now this I could make a huge ol' list. For now though I do like teas that have a spicy touch to it, can't remember the rest. Debating if I should go with Teavana in the future.

4) Between sugar and straight. The lemon and milk one sounds intresting. I should try try that in the future. Thanks for putting those down. If the milk is lactose free will it change the taste or flavor with almond or soy?

5) MIne is between relaxation and taste. I want to be able to alter from decaff or regular coffee.

*goes back on phone thinking of first cosplay ideas*

BaronHarkonnen85
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jun 2016, 10:03 pm

Earl Grey (Twinings, of course). I drink it whenever I'm at work. Usually three days a week.

Milk, no sugar.

MaizeFlower
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Jun 2016, 10:22 pm

1. Do you like to drink tea? I like drinking hot tea. Extra bitter. (I commit the sin of squeezing the tea bag all the time)

2. How often do you drink it? Almost every day.

3. What kind of tea do you like? I like Green, peppermint and peach the most. I drink lemon as well but some lemon teas i dislike.

4. Do you like your tea straight, or with milk, sugar, or lemon? Any way. Mostly straight or with milk.

5.Why do you drink tea? For liquid? For health? For relaxation? For taste? Taste, health, relaxation, hydration, I just love it.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 3:29 am

I am somewhat amused to find this thread on WP, since tea at one point was one of my restricted interests, and I would drink sometimes 15 cups a day. Got myself a lot of teasing from NTs who didn't care to know any of the specifics of what they were drinking or that orange pekoe has nothing to do with citrus fruit.

Then I was told caffeine was likely worsening my anxiety, so I cut back considerably and only spend a much smaller fraction of my time researching it now too.

Rooibos or bush tea can be good options if I want to drink a lot without the caffeine problem looming.

But when I drink real tea my first choice is a raw puer, second choice lapsang souchong.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2016, 12:51 pm

Another Lapsang lover.

Ironic that it was considered low grade "foreigner" tea by the Chinese. The smoking was to emulating the higher grade teas.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 7:54 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
Another Lapsang lover.

Ironic that it was considered low grade "foreigner" tea by the Chinese. The smoking was to emulating the higher grade teas.

It was Sherlock Holmes's tea of choice, and Churchill's. My wife can't stand the smell, reminds her of when I used to smoke a pipe. I can get away with "Russian Caravan" which is like "lapsang lite," being only partially smoked, though Russians wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole.

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2016, 6:54 pm

EnmaLionheart wrote:
MannyBoo wrote:
1. Do you like to drink tea?

2. How often do you drink it?

3. What kind of tea do you like?

4. Do you like your tea straight, or with milk, sugar, or lemon?

5.Why do you drink tea? For liquid? For health? For relaxation? For taste?

1) Yes! :D

2) It's often varied for me.

3) Haha, now this I could make a huge ol' list. For now though I do like teas that have a spicy touch to it, can't remember the rest. Debating if I should go with Teavana in the future.

4) Between sugar and straight. The lemon and milk one sounds intresting. I should try try that in the future. Thanks for putting those down. If the milk is lactose free will it change the taste or flavor with almond or soy?

5) MIne is between relaxation and taste. I want to be able to alter from decaff or regular coffee.

It looks like many people love Tea! :D

I think Lactose free milk will change the taste a little compared to Regular milk or Whole milk, but it is still Real milk so it has a milk cream flavor.

Soy and Almond will give a more different taste compared to any Real milk. I felt Soy and Almond make a more water diluted taste. Soy and Almond milk can taste like a substitute for milk if drunk purely, but when its mixed into a tea, the Soy and Almond paste or powder base can separate from the water. This will cause a slightly different taste. You can notice some separation of the base when you mix Soy milk into a tea.

If you like Real milk flavor specifically than any milk is best, especially Whole milk because it has real milk fat for a creamy taste. For me I personally use Soy milk because it is plant based, no fat and no lactose.

You should Experiment with different kinds of milks and find your favorite.

Extrication

01 Aug 2016, 12:20 am

1. Yes.

2. Everyday, if possible.

3. Earl Grey and Green (Chinese only) are my go-to beverages. I drink Rooibos and Chamomile on occasion.

4. Straight.

5. Antioxidants.