How can I exercise for attractiveness?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 10:55 pm

How/what am I supposed to do to exercise and hitting the gym for being more desirable to females?

Torstin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Dec 2015, 12:32 pm

Hi. I am actually a multi-certified personal trainer, so I feel qualified to give you information. However, your question isn't the one you want answered. Bare with me, for you see, each gal prefers different body types in a mate. What you probably want to know is what does the vast majority prefer. I can help you with that.

The standard manly, macho, hulk, he-man build that you are looking for is similar to an upside down triangle for the torso. It contains broad shoulders, a well developed chest, ripped abs and a thick back. Outside of that triangle, women often like large arms including the biceps, triceps and forearm. And, we cannot neglect the legs because if we do, then we will look disproportionate.

How do we go about obtaining this? We start with repetitions of a set for each exercise up to a number of 8-10 repetitions per set of the maximum weight you can lift that many times. And, we include 2-3 sets per body part, so that our entire body is worked. This repetition range is most suitable for what we call muscular hypertrophy, which increases the size of the muscles worked.

Lastly, eating habits and recovery are vital to your results. When desiring to gain muscle mass, you want to eat more than what you normally do as you are expending more calories, or units of energy.

It is easy to get started, but to really thrive you will need to be proactive and learn about the exercises, some scientific theories, and record your diet/make a set workout plan, or hire someone to do it for you.

Set = a number of repetitions of an exercise
Repetition = one full movement of an exercise

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2015, 9:05 pm

Do you have any data on that being what 'most' women want? It seems more like what 'most' men like to see in other men, to me - not as a sexual thing, just as what men think 'manly men' should be.

I've never met a single woman who thinks that the guys (or the women) on muscle magazines are attractive, or even close to attractive; I've met more than a few who think they're repellant.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2015, 9:13 pm

i like the body that is produced by swimming.

Torstin

22 Dec 2015, 10:13 pm

If you read up on human biology you will find that it varies on whether females are ogulating or not. When ogulating they seek builds that have more testosterone about them. This is due to increases in estrogen.

Testosterone levels affect a physique naturally. Same with facial structure. Therefore, these builds I am referring to are those reflected with naturally high levels of testosterone. And, when a being is active this further increases testosterone levels.

Therefore, statistically, and according to natural human chemistry and mating habits (Women prefer men who are capable of protecting them and their offspring. And, physical markers of testosterone are the best natural indicators for both territorial aggressiveness and strength.) I can safely say that this is the best data any person can provide in relation to human mating psychology and mating habits.

However, people are different and there are always exceptions due to an unlimited amount of factors. Also, I never said a bodybuilder profile, I only described some characteristics (Proportions specifically, which are relative to the rest of the body. Not a specific amount of muscle mass.) that may be common with the 'desired' build and that you might find in magazines.

If you want the actual lab tests, then you will have to search for them yourself as I am lazy and stubborn.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2015, 10:05 am

Torstin wrote:
snip

Not to decry your expertise, you seem to know your stuff, but I'm under the impression that more ladies drool over Edward Cullen and Benedict Cucumberbatch than they do over eighties Arnold nowadays. With reservation for individuals personal preference, of course.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2015, 11:46 am

As a female, I really do not find very bulky, super-muscular men attractive at all.

I like men with well-developed delts, chests, arms. I like the entire body to be generally fit and toned. Six pack abs do nothing for me. Abs that are somewhat defined are ok.

If a guy is so muscular that he looks like he can barely move, or if he focuses too much on the upper body, it looks ridiculous.

I spend a lot of time strength training, stretching etc, and appreciate a guy who is physically fit, who strength trains but also does cardio for endurance, and is reasonably flexible.

Just my two cents.

lennyk
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Dec 2015, 1:54 pm

The reality is that the bulky ripped oversized physique is not easily achieved by
The average joe, it will take significant effort and nutrtional changes.

But the good news is that as mentioned it is not necessarily the most universally
Attractive.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2015, 1:40 am

Do strength training. Real strength is way more attractive than big bloated muscles.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 10:12 am

Simplest answer....

Focus on dropping excess weight and getting stronger. Don't look to "bulk" because that requires special diet (and genetics) to get sustainable results.

Just getting into better shape will do a lot for you. As far as women being attracted to you....that will have more to do with how much $$$ you have (joke). :lol:

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 2:02 pm

Off-topic, but women that are only attracted to money irritate me. And men that only care about youth/good looks. Makes for a shallow relationship.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 5:34 pm

If you do get fit you might also consider your clothes--do they hide your now thin waistline?

I found this to be a particular issue since I'm small--most of the shirts that sort of fit me are really cut for the Pillsbury Doughboy...the worst offender in my collection came from Brooks Brothers when I was just learning how hard it is...

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 7:27 pm

Yigeren wrote:
As a female, I really do not find very bulky, super-muscular men attractive at all.

I like men with well-developed delts, chests, arms. I like the entire body to be generally fit and toned. Six pack abs do nothing for me. Abs that are somewhat defined are ok.

If a guy is so muscular that he looks like he can barely move, or if he focuses too much on the upper body, it looks ridiculous.

I spend a lot of time strength training, stretching etc, and appreciate a guy who is physically fit, who strength trains but also does cardio for endurance, and is reasonably flexible.

Just my two cents.

QFT.
In my case, though, I'm not even all that into 'developed' chests and arms; I'd rather see a flat chest than a guy who looks like he needs a bra for his pectorals. I'm not into arms that are bigger than my thighs. All other things being equal, I'd rather look at someone who looks like there's some fun activity that he enjoys, be it swimming or running or rock-climbing or whatever, than a guy who looks like he is so focused on his appearance that he spends hours a day in a gym.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 7:36 pm

LKL wrote:
Do you have any data on that being what 'most' women want? It seems more like what 'most' men like to see in other men, to me - not as a sexual thing, just as what men think 'manly men' should be.

I've never met a single woman who thinks that the guys (or the women) on muscle magazines are attractive, or even close to attractive; I've met more than a few who think they're repellant.

Shaun T. and Vin Diesel. Va va va vooooom!! :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2016, 1:05 pm

LKL wrote:

My girlfriend likes men with muscle, and is clearly impressed by my chest size and my almost 400 lb bench press. She's also much hotter than any girlfriend I've previously had (when I had less muscle). To be fair, most women are far more impressed if you get invited to the "coolest" parties and have VIP access to various night clubs than if you are fit or not. Since this is not an option if you're an aspie, you have to find various ways to compensate for your lack of "coolness" by making money, gaining muscle, looking good and so on.

Generally speaking, many women (the kind who like muscle) like the Vin Diesel look more than the Zyzz look (i.e.: do not wear makeup or get a metrosexual hairstyle).

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2016, 1:17 pm

Again without the 'most women' thing without data. I'm glad that you and your girlfriend find each other mutually attractive, but nothing you've described has ever been attractive to me, even when I was young and hot. And I don't think I'm unusual in that respect.

It's great to be healthy, but guys, don't despair or drug yourselves if you are unable to look like VinDiesel. There are plenty of women out here who find a more normal physique more attractive. The trick is to find someone with mutual attraction.