Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 7:12 pm

Are there any vegetarians here or vegans?

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 7:15 pm

Fish eating but vegetarian otherwise, hi

MissAlgernon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2016, 7:16 pm

I'm a vegetarian for more than half of my life :)

Babieca
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Mar 2016, 6:06 pm

I was vegetarian for many years but eat fish now. I found that I felt so exhausted all the time when I completely cut out all meat. I have a sensitivity to gluten also, which made things more complicated in not being able to eat bread.

So I re-introduced fish into my diet which does seem to help with my energy levels. But I would prefer not to eat any meat at all.

I stopped eating meat for ethical reasons. I have done a lot of work rescuing and fostering animals, and couldn't equate helping some animal species while eating others ( and knowing that they had suffered in the livestock industry).

Why have others decided to be vegetarian or vegan?

MissAlgernon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Apr 2016, 1:55 pm

I'm a vegetarian primarily for ethical reasons (I don't want to be responsible of any sentient being's death). It's the only reason that convinced me to go full vegetarian, otherwise I'd have simply reduced meat consumption.
I'm gluten intolerant as well (strongly suspected celiac, so the slightest accident - even cross-contamination - has devastating digestive consequences I won't describe :mrgreen: ) and have regular pancreatitis attacks, I suffer from malabsorption, so it made my vegetarianism more difficult as wheat, its cousins and cross-contamination are everywhere in vegetarian and vegan diets. But comparatively, going gluten-free was considerably harder to manage and tastes much more bland to me. Vegetarianism is by far the most manageable of the two, and the country where I live isn't vegetarian-friendly. If I could give up on gluten-free diet without really bad consequences for my health, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I'd give up on vegetarianism only if it were vital for me. It's my life choice and something very important for me.

Last edited by MissAlgernon on 05 Apr 2016, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2016, 2:56 pm

vegatarian(pescatarian) for about 2 years now. Its not surprisingly how long its been since I've consumed meat. It IS surprising how my whole family have the mindset of "its not a meal if it doesn't have meat" in it. Such opposites ...

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2016, 3:05 pm

Alexanderplatz wrote:
Fish eating but vegetarian otherwise, hi

That's pescetarianism, not really vegetarianism.