Adults:Any success with the Gluten & Casein Free diet?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sonicallysensitive
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jul 2016, 4:48 pm

auntblabby wrote:
sonicallysensitive wrote:
The continuation of your lifestyle will not only destroy yourself, but also the lives of those around you.

can you patiently explain to me how this is so? how does my obesity hurt my associates?
Family/friends/loved ones etc are forced to watch you slowly kill yourself.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2016, 4:53 pm

auntblabby wrote:
The continuation of your lifestyle will not only destroy yourself, but also the lives of those around you.

can you patiently explain to me how this is so? how does my obesity hurt my associates?

thank you for that explanation :) I watched my dad dig his grave with his fork. before that he almost smoked himself to death and before that he almost drank himself to death.

sonicallysensitive
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jul 2016, 5:34 pm

auntblabby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

thank you for that explanation :)

No worries.

PS the reason I almost never go into specifics RE macronutrients etc on this forum is not through lack of knowledge, but that it is - initially- less important than learning self-control.

The best diet advice that can be given to anyone at the early stages is

Put the fork down & eat less.

Until someone can do this, all diets are close to pointless.

PS as you'll be aware, the term 'diet' is quite misleading, as at a base level it simply means what we eat.

'Diet' doesn't necessarily imply restriction - but this is what is needed in almost every case.

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2016, 2:53 pm

The decision to remove gluten from my diet has proven to be a good one as I never seem to have diarrhoea anymore and I fart considerably less. But based on my experience, it won't make significant differences to one's life. It's merely settled my gut down, thereby alleviating some of my anxiety in social situations.

In the past, I have eliminated casein from my diet too, but this was short-lived as it seemed to be ineffective and more difficult to avoid than gluten.

But of course it will depend on the individual.

For instance, I know that I am intolerant to gluten yet tolerant to dairy, and I believe my results reflect that.

clay5
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Jul 2016, 11:07 am

I don't get diarrhea or constipation. My digestion is fine so I don't see a reason to try it out.

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2016, 1:57 pm

I am tempted to quit this experiment soon as the results have been minimal, and
scrupulously checking labels for gluten is beginning to tick me off. It's virtually ubiquitous.

I surmise that quitting caffeine would be far more beneficial, but that's even more challenging for me than giving up gluten.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2016, 3:18 pm

JakeASD wrote:
I am tempted to quit this experiment soon as the results have been minimal, and
scrupulously checking labels for gluten is beginning to tick me off. It's virtually ubiquitous. I surmise that quitting caffeine would be far more beneficial, but that's even more challenging for me than giving up gluten.

the main reliable way to avoid gluten is to not eat processed foods.