Ate some Instant-Noodles for the first time since many years

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 12:45 pm

...then I was apparently dumb enough to eat several of them that I had picked up from a local-store since I had not yet brought over my healthy food from the house over to my in-town residence yet. Holy hell did my body react in such a manner as to warn/tell me that eating this s**t was Ultra-Unhealthy even to the point of making me suspect and be reminded of that thing called Agenda 21 (...because, Conspiracies Galore, Kappa !).

Yeah, I wanted to find out what the hell was in that crap to drive me into an extremely lethargic sleep-inducing head-ache for so long and, according to this above video-clip, sure enough, that s**t's got too much sodium.

Stay healthy, guys, you are far better off to eat beans/potatoes than Insta-Noodles (and I still need to double-check on whether potato-chips will remind of de-population agendas =o).

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2016, 10:12 am

Instant noodles are gross to begin with. They don't taste as good as authentic ramen.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2016, 1:49 pm

It's been a while since I've eaten instant ramen, but that's mainly because I've been too lazy to do the dishes, and because I got kind of sick of eating them all the time. I used to love them when I was younger though. They may not be the healthiest thing, but they're versatile as hell, and they can be quite comforting too.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2016, 2:16 pm

LOL they make me nostalgic. There has been a time I survived on those things, I just couldn't afford anything else but that and not so fresh potatoes. I was young and strong enough to survive them without getting ill but I was hungry all the time.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 10:50 am

The Asian market down the street has Shirakiku fresh somen noodles--I figure I can use the extra sodium after a long strenuous day that included two hours of hiking.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 9:17 am

"Yeah, I wanted to find out what the hell was in that crap to drive me into an extremely lethargic sleep-inducing head-ache for so long and, according to this above video-clip, sure enough, that s**t's got too much sodium.

Stay healthy, guys, you are far better off to eat beans/potatoes than Insta-Noodles (and I still need to double-check on whether potato-chips will remind of de-population agendas =o).

Guess what? GOOD NEWS.

I finally tried ramen noodles and found they were delicious...don't know exactly why I haven't tried them before?
But I was reading an article in the local paper and someone did an story about comparing different types of instant noodles from different countries.

The article also mentioned "Low Sodium" ramen....who knew? So I trucked myself to several stores specializing in Asian food (and big boxes as well) and made a selection and they were all delicious. Hooray!

These packages ranged from 350mg Sodium (nice and low) to 950mg (pretty high). What I did was cut down on the "salty" looking flavor packets by about 1/2, but only on those with more sodium and they were still great....talk about "filling the hole in my stomach....yum. :D

In our area prices run from $0.35 each to 2 for $1.00 (can you say CHEAP?) but the larger the store the higher the prices and fancier the selection, but found most large chains, in our area, just don't carry the less expensive brands (or much low Sodium)...guess their shelf space is too expensive??

ENJOY....I am!

:D :D :D I'm going to have some today! :D :D :D

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2016, 9:47 am

Gotta be honest and say that I generally get them during con season ... o_o I won't anymore now that I'm vegatarian (:

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2016, 11:25 pm

Every time I eat them my stomach tries to hang itself with my intestines. And they're the only food in the house because Mom believes in "living below our means."

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2016, 11:43 pm

I used to basically live off takeaways, crisps, chocolate, pot noodle, microwave stuff, crappy processed meat and sausage rolls when I didn't know a damn thing about nutrition, I also was very agoraphobic so couldn't use shared kitchens or family kitchens, then once I had a peaceful environment and the opportunity to grow mentally I began putting effort and care into my nutrition and found healthy food made me feel much more nourished and fulfilled, I still partake in a few things like chocolate and a few bags of crisps and the odd takeaway as my diet and fitness means I can cheat a few times a week and fatty stuff helps me put weight on which is funny but my cardio game is pretty strong, I am much merrier without all the junk comprising 50% of my intake! It all just tastes flat and salty and full of excess, give me pasta and potatoes and blueberries instead!

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2016, 1:37 pm

green0star wrote:
Gotta be honest and say that I generally get them during con season ... o_o I won't anymore now that I'm vegatarian (:

In front of me is a package of "Indio Mie" fried noodles. It contains NO animal products. It comes with 4 or 5 seasoning packets so you can make it as spicy or bland as you like. Yummmm.

And best of all it only has 410 mg of sodium, about 17% of your daily needs (some noodles are way over 2000mg).