Page 2 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 12:00 am

How much weight did you get down to auntblabby? My aim is to get a washboard flat stomach and no love handles.

How much protein will I need to consume?

Did you have a hard time keeping the weight off after you lost it?

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 12:09 am

Fat shaming does not work, studies have proved this. It has nothing to do with political correctness, just science. Also the article is completely and utterly wrong in it's assumption that there is no shame associated with obesity in our culture. Ignorant article is ignorant. The comment section is even worse, so many people who are both stupid and jerkwads.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 12:14 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
How much weight did you get down to auntblabby? My aim is to get a washboard flat stomach and no love handles. How much protein will I need to consume? Did you have a hard time keeping the weight off after you lost it?

my weight has fluctuated on my 6'3" frame [slight frame with thin bones] from 130# all the way up to 240. 195 is my maximum healthy weight and right now am at 190#. my best shape was when I was 170# but I haven't been able to swing that for at least a decade now, something about old age [less testosterone] seems to get in the way. I don't keep exact track of protein/fats/carbs other than to avoid all refined carbs 99% of the time. I always put some protein of some kind in every meal, some fats, some raw unrefined carbs like brown rice, sweet potatoes/yams, quinoa, oats. as long as my waist size doesn't exceed 35" I am doing alright. but it is a constant challenge.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 12:37 am

Science is politically correct. The politically incorrect thing to do is to oppose it, all the while enjoying its results. Extra bonus if you thank your favorite god for the latter.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 12:44 am

What is the difference between between refined carbs and unrefined carbs?

I ask because I heard the zero car diet can be dangerous for very long periods of time. Is there some source of unrefined carbs I could use to avoid this problem?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 2:26 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
What is the difference between between refined carbs and unrefined carbs?

I ask because I heard the zero car diet can be dangerous for very long periods of time. Is there some source of unrefined carbs I could use to avoid this problem?

a majority of your calories need to come from unprocessed carbs, meaning -
*no sugar of any kind- keep in mind that wheat including whole wheat has a high sugar content, so no wheat products as well.
*no white potatoes nor corn
*no pasta, or white rice, nor gravies made of flour or starch. instead use wild or brown rice, amaranth, quinoa, whole oats. arrow root is a friendlier starch you can use to make healthier gravies with.

in place of these are raw fresh veggies of any other kind.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 4:22 am

Ok, that sounds clear. So if I lose weight, will girls be attracted to me?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 4:39 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:

I can tell you if that is the only reason you lose weight, then they probably will not be any more interested in you than before. - [i've been there] - you have to lose the weight for yourself first, then external evidence of that new mindset in itself may indeed make you more attractive as a mate.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 4:13 am

I kind of get that but my fear is that if I go on a permanent raw veggie diet it could turn into an OCD habit for me.

I want to be in control of my eating. If I can't stop eating ice cream, that's not control but if I'm some orthorexic who can't eat an ice cream even if I want to, that's not control either.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 4:54 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I kind of get that but my fear is that if I go on a permanent raw veggie diet it could turn into an OCD habit for me.

I want to be in control of my eating. If I can't stop eating ice cream, that's not control but if I'm some orthorexic who can't eat an ice cream even if I want to, that's not control either.

what you can do, is control how much ice cream you eat, and control when you eat it. once you do that, then the rest is a cinch.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 11:34 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:

I used to have the mentality that if I lost weight that guys would fawn over me. Do stuff like that for you and for you only. When I had that mentality it wasn't pleasant. It seemed like people avoided me if anything. Probably because I was so focused on losing a drastic amount of weight and that's all that I thought about.

I know what I said was off topic but I've been through this.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 2:45 pm

Only "fighting" obesity on a individual basis is a mistake; it should be considered more as a collective issue. Everyone know that we should exercises more and eat less, EVERYONE!! ! The problem is clearly not education, or shaming for that matter. Publicity for fast food should be forbidden, salt content should be lowered in transformed food, transformed food should not receive money from governments, cars should be forbidden in the busiest places of cities, parents should be taught to not bring their kids in school in their cars and let them walks (When the school is close enough of where they lives, of course), public transport should be given more money by public institutions, fruits and vegetables should not be taxed, kids should be taught cooking in school, programs for aspies/auties should not focus only on jobs but also friendship and integration in community, shaming should be shamed and so on...

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 9:30 pm

I've been eating healthier. Snacking on fruit. Maybe 4 or 5 apples or peaches per day.

But fructose is a type of sugar, right? Will that much fruit and me fat?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 9:37 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
I used to have the mentality that if I lost weight that guys would fawn over me. Do stuff like that for you and for you only. When I had that mentality it wasn't pleasant. It seemed like people avoided me if anything. Probably because I was so focused on losing a drastic amount of weight and that's all that I thought about.

If you wanted guys to be interested in you, you should have just shown them your Game Boys, as in your profile pic. Do you have a collection of Game Boys?

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 9:58 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

If you wanted guys to be interested in you, you should have just shown them your Game Boys, as in your profile pic. Do you have a collection of Game Boys?

Yup. The Game Boys in my profile picture are both mine.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 10:01 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Yup. The Game Boys in my profile picture are both mine.
Cool! Very retro!