Feeling Hopeless... Struggling to Find a Healthy Weight

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2016, 12:48 pm

Just feeling the need to vent again...

Last time I checked, I'm a little over 180lbs, (can't exactly check right now, due to reasons), and I'm almost 5'8.

There are times where I look at myself thinking that my weight is "appropriate" for someone as tall as I am, but then there are other times where I feel like I could do so much better for myself... You know, it just leaves me feeling pretty conflicted.

I've been exercising practically almost everyday, and even cut out a few things from my old diet for much more healthier things, but it's been a little hard on me, lately...

I don't want to feel worthless to some people, I want to feel cherished and desired... I shouldn't have to feel this way around my own Birthday, but yet I do. :(

I'm hoping once my well check with my pediatrician rolls around, he can give me his own professional opinion on where I should be at, but I can't help but still have this feeling eating away at me...

It just really sucks being stuck in a rut like this, feeling unsure over what to do. :(

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2016, 4:25 pm

sounds like you're actually doing alright and like you're on a good path, just not there yet.
but you'll get there. it's not going to happen overnight, but you took the control, so have a little patience with yourself.

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2016, 9:56 pm

I would say 5'8" 180 is perfectly fine on a woman.

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2016, 12:54 pm

Thanks, guys.

I'll try and keep you all updated on this when I can.

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 1:15 pm

Currently at 186lbs... I know I can do better, though.

Thankfully, I'll be seeing my doctor next week.

Also found out that I have a medium-sized frame, so that kind of helps, at least.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 2:15 pm

You know...as someone who struggled with health a lot: if your body functions well, be happy about that. Life is too short to be hung up on miniscule changes in weight.

What are your other interests?