Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2017, 10:23 am

You don’t....you eat healthily.

Those diets (especially those which have some liquid component)just don’t work in the long term.

It’s not healthy for a person to lose more than 15 lbs in a month.

Hypnotized
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2018, 6:32 am

The first step for me was to stop eating after certain hours, and I started cutting on sodas and sugary drinks. Dropped multiple kilograms in no time.

weirdgorlriri
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jan 2018, 10:01 pm

•Try to eliminate all processed foods, refined grains, and added sugars from your diet.
•Maybe consider cutting back on meat and dairy.
•Drink lemon water, and/or drink a glass of water before meals.
•Eat smaller portions, and measure your servings.
•Don't multitask; eating while on the computer or watching TV. Doing so would make it easy to overeat!
•Make fruits and veggies half your plate.
•Increase intake of whole grains.
•Note that carbs, fats, and proteins are energy-yielding nutrients, so they're necessary for function. Carbohydrate is the nutrient that is limited or cut of of diets more often because it is believed that cutting back on carbs would help with weight loss. It's really not that healthy, because up to 65% of daily caloric intake should be from carbs.
•Do resistance training, or come up with a routine that you would want to commit to.
•Find a personal trainer.
•Take the stairs.

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

27 Jan 2018, 12:55 am

People often misunderstand when they are told to drop carbs.
Processed foods tend to be near pure carbs, and so peoples diets often contain a ridiculously high amount, and when told to cut carbs they drop way to low. Dont make that mistake

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 1:07 am

a good shorthand way to remember it, is to avoid white food. white=sugar, flour, potatoes, corn, starchy stuff, pasta, white rice. that still leaves lotsa other foods to eat which are better for one, less acidifying of the body Ph.

smudgedhorizon
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jan 2018, 1:12 pm

Intensive cardio like running WITH NO BREAKS for min 40 minutes. It's only after 30 minutes your body starts to burn fat. Intensive means you sweat profusely and cannot talk. Best time = before breakfast. After that eat proteins, avoid carbs. This will help burn fat. After the cardio you can add other exercises to your liking.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2018, 6:06 pm

muscle building exercise 3+ times per week. muscle burns calories and helps support the skeleton. concentrate on toning core muscles which support the spine, that will save you from old age back troubles for the most part.

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

31 Jan 2018, 7:18 am

smudgedhorizon wrote:
Intensive cardio like running WITH NO BREAKS for min 40 minutes. It's only after 30 minutes your body starts to burn fat. Intensive means you sweat profusely and cannot talk. Best time = before breakfast. After that eat proteins, avoid carbs. This will help burn fat. After the cardio you can add other exercises to your liking.

Thats inadvisable. Catabolism (when your body begins breaking down muscle for energy instead of fat) starts happening after 30 minutes. It also increases the production of free radicals and skyrockets cortisol levels.
https://www.t-nation.com/training/cardio-kills
Heres a good article on the topic.
So dont do endurance running EVER. Das bad. Sprints are better

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 7:25 am

The only way I've ever been able to lose weight fast is using Duromine, also known as Phentermine. It's basically a legal form of speed that both suppresses your appetite and also greatly speeds up your metabolism. When I was prescribed Duromine I was losing 1 kilogram every 2 days.

smudgedhorizon
Toucan
Toucan

01 Feb 2018, 7:18 pm

The Musings Of The Lost wrote:

That's jaw-dropping :pale:
I used to run for an hour every morning!
I did lose weight, but I never heard of side effects :!:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 7:24 pm

smudgedhorizon wrote:

some people such as yourself, may just have the proper genes for it. others of us don't.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 10:19 pm

Go outside and play. Preferably with like minded people. Toys are fun at any age.

Goldilocks
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Feb 2018, 10:41 pm

Best way to lose weight for me is make fibre + fruits and veg the largest parts of your meal. Drink plenty of water and start off small with your exercises and then work your way up. Find something you enjoy like walking, hiking, yoga, you might even like doing YouTube workout at home. I prefer to do yoga and at home workouts because gyms give me anxiety. I like to walk to release stress. Also, walking saves money, whilst helping with your health and keeping you connected with the world around you.

Try replacing all white carbs with brown and stock up on greens like spinach and kale.

If you're constipated I'd say try a juice cleanse or liquid fast for like 2 days. You could also add a low sugar yoghurt to your diet.

For snacks really get into fruit, popcorn, low sugar high fibre cereal bars, rice cakes and dark chocolate (a fave)

Hope this helps. I've been battling with my weight for years so know how you feel :heart: :heart:

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

02 Feb 2018, 3:53 am

smudgedhorizon wrote:

Its not immediate. The effect build up and damage your heart, even though it seems like you are getting fitter because you can run for longer, its damaging you and putting unnecessary strain on the heart. You are not going to feel the effects until you get cut down before your time, like the people mentioned in the article, although if you were just an average jogger it probably didn't affect you too much. The people mentioned in the article where, as they said, proffesional endurance runners so they were doing it for hours a day, every day for a long time, which is why they died relatively young, while people who never ran in their life lived on for another 20 years or so.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 4:12 am

I believe there is truth in the ancient Chinese meme of each human being born with a limited defined number of heartbeats, and if you exercise hard and use them up prematurely, you will die earlier, by the math.