I can't handle it at all, I don't drink it 11%  11%  [ 8 ]
I never developed the taste for it 11%  11%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 70

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 3:46 am

Just an update:

A couple of weeks ago I slipped up and started drinking coffee again at work, but it made me so jittery! Now I have NO COFFEE on a post-it note above my desk to try and stop myself slipping. Tried dandelion root but didn't like it so sticking with green tea.

Went on a long, solo road trip and slipped up again, justifying to myself that I needed it to stay awake. And this was weird, but I didn't get the jitters at all, it was fine.

Seems like the coffee issue is situational. Maybe it only makes me agitated when I'm a little stressed anyway?
Anyone have a similar experience? Or other coffee tales to tell?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2018, 6:08 pm

I do drink coffee, but keep to a limit of no more than three.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2018, 6:21 pm

I don't know if I can handle it because I can't handle the taste enough to drink more than a sip or two :eew: I do have 2 cups or so of iced tea, or on occasion one of Mountain Dew and one of iced tea, a day. If I have too much caffeine, I have to pee every half hour or so and my thoughts race so much I can't think straight.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 2:05 am

Tibergrace wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Question is can you handle my coffee? I like the blackest black of the brew prepared, with no sugar or any-other crap. Yet seems no one can make it that strong...please find me extra strong coffee.

Ever tried a sludge cup? It's black coffee with espresso shots poured in. It's like coffee on steroids.

The closest thing I think I have tried to such a thing was turkish coffee, its very strong coffee in a small cup and leaves a lot of sludge on the bottom it was really good but it was at an ethnic food place and not sure how exactly they make it. Anyways how do you make this delightful sounding brew? Can you make it in a regular coffee maker or french press? as that is what I currently have availible.

Ha ha, that or camping coffee(coffee=+pan+fire, perhaps a rock on the fire to set the pan on)....that always has sludge.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2018, 2:56 pm

I can drink a few cups of coffee and then go to bed. It doesn't bother me.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Apr 2018, 8:00 pm

Someone once told me, If you can handle sweetener, you can handle anything. Strong coffee that tastes of kenco instead of the ground texture of Peru coffee beans or with added flavour might as well be bouncing off Thor, the God of thunder all day. The disgusting taste of it, disguises any real advantage of real taste and leaves my tongue feeling bitter and my throat like a dry sandstorm.

elsapelsa
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2018, 6:58 am

I have a challenging relationship with coffee. I absolutely love it and it is the only thing I have ever had any kind of addictive feelings towards.

If I didn't drink it I would feel better. But it would take a while to feel better.

If I didn't drink it for a while and then drank it again my heart would race and I would get all clammy and jittery.

As it is I drink about 2 half cups (the rest hot milk) a day, sometimes 3 never more. But it feels like a sin.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jun 2018, 5:04 pm

People have these open illusions that somehow coffee fuels a person's energy what it realm manages to do is get a person dehydrated and maybe a bad stomach. I have to vouch for flavoured coffee brands. Michael 's Gourmet coffee has some interesting flavours and is imported to the UK from the US I have tried banana, creme bulee, and chocolate brownie. This chocolate peanut one I'm trying is anyone's guess. Downside is that they don't last long, being gourmet they don't stretch past the best before once opened.

superaliengirl
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jun 2018, 7:21 am

I've had coffee daily since I was a kid... It's only for the taste and the fact that it's a habit, it doesn't actually energize me other than speeding up my heartrate for a while sometimes. I have tummy issues though so in some periods of my life I have to quit drinking it entirely until my tummy is better and right now i'm trying to stick to one cup a day only and then I drink tea which is supposed to be good for the stomach. I need hot drinks in my life and I don't like the taste of tea but I can stand it. Coffee is really the only hot drink that I like and the only thing in my diet that I would never give up.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2018, 4:00 pm

I'm more of a tea person but i do like to try different lattes from Starbucks. I also like to drink it with chocolate. I can't handle black coffee or Americano at all though.

grahambaster
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jun 2018, 8:08 pm

I drink one or two double espresso per diem from bialetti brikka stovetop espresso which is more like protopseudo espresso and i love it. I have tried times of no coffee and life seems boring that way. I also smoke 1/3 of a cigarette in a holder with no filter no diapers for pete.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2018, 5:21 am

A-ha.
Apparently, it's all genetic:

https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2018/06/i ... p1a2-gene/

I'm obviously a "slow caffeine metaboliser"

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2018, 5:26 am

i drink very little of it and very rarely. mostly i like to drink it while eating some chocolate dessert. as it's very rare and in small amounts, i don't know if i handle it fine or not.

Tiankay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: 3rd Street on the right, just after the event horizon...

11 Jun 2018, 6:47 pm

Took the first answer, although i never really drink any because my mom is heavily addicted to it and that fact scared me away from it when i grew up. In the extremely rare case when i do drink some, normal doses dont affect me at all. I need big amounts of a really strong coffee type to even feel the slightest effects. But that goes for all types of stimulants you can have. I can sleep on pure caffeine tablets and even on mild doses of amphetamines, so much for that. I also dont like the taste of coffee without loads of milk/sugar...

Peace
TK

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 9:43 pm

I didn't click on anything in the survey, as none really applied. I drink around 5 cups per day, don't seem to suffer any ill effects.

Some years ago, when doing a highly stressful job, my daily consumption was closer to 10 cups.

GuyInABlackSuit
Raven
Raven

18 Jun 2018, 10:38 am

I used to drink three cups a day; one in the morning and two in the evening.
Then I started drinking two cups in the evening with milk and one in the morning black.
Now, I am drinking one cup in the morning black and one with milk.
I am very slowly trying to wean myself off of coffee in the evening tho.