Page 4 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 5:13 pm

auntblabby wrote:
xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i hope the OP by now has got a handle on her situation.

I’m doing really good! Three meals and three snacks (mostly fruit or veggies) a day. I have a treat twice a week but not a huge one. I did try stevia and monk fruit sweetener but I had a really bad reaction to it.

what do you think of ace-k or splenda?

Bad reaction. I ended up getting tremors after drinking it.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 5:18 pm

^^^well i sure hope you can find SOME sweetener that is not bad for you. :flower:

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 6:01 pm

I have asked this question before but does being overweight cause health problems.

I am thinking maybe it causes joint problems?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 6:05 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I have asked this question before but does being overweight cause health problems. I am thinking maybe it causes joint problems?

joint problems indeed. my dad was exhibit A in that regard, most of his joints were shot due to overuse/overweight. i am not as svelte as i oughta be and my joints are barking at me about that. also overweight is a sign of systemic inflammation, meaning the body is generally irritated due to an over-acidic Ph, which causes microlesions to develop in blood vessels which causes cholesterol [nature's spackle] to build up in said vessels leading to atherosclerosis [hardening of the arteries] which can lead to blockages/heart attack/stroke.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 6:14 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
I have asked this question before but does being overweight cause health problems. I am thinking maybe it causes joint problems?

joint problems indeed. my dad was exhibit A in that regard, most of his joints were shot due to overuse/overweight. i am not as svelte as i oughta be and my joints are barking at me about that. also overweight is a sign of systemic inflammation, meaning the body is generally irritated due to an over-acidic Ph, which causes microlesions to develop in blood vessels which causes cholesterol [nature's spackle] to build up in said vessels leading to atherosclerosis [hardening of the arteries] which can lead to blockages/heart attack/stroke.

Oh sorry what I meant to say was does being overweight in MUSCLE cause health problems?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 6:18 pm

Jamesy wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Oh sorry what I meant to say was does being overweight in MUSCLE cause health problems?

depends on how the muscle was obtained. not a good record general health record for long-term steroid users. but for people who naturally get their bulk, it does not seem to affect their joints provided they trained correctly and didn't have the genes for bad joints.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 6:21 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

depends on how the muscle was obtained. not a good record general health record for long-term steroid users. but for people who naturally get their bulk, it does not seem to affect their joints provided they trained correctly and didn't have the genes for bad joints.

Yeah probably a lot of muscular people with heart problems probably take steroids.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2021, 12:43 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^well i sure hope you can find SOME sweetener that is not bad for you. :flower:

I’m trying to quit soda and so far so good.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2021, 2:23 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I’m trying to quit soda and so far so good.

way to go! :wtg:

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2021, 9:55 pm

Been making improvements, but still gained weight since the last time I weighed myself, I feel like I could entirely stop eating and basically live on the exercise bike I have and still end up as a candidate for the show sooner or later :( I hope chemo didn’t permanently “break” my metabolism or something, used to be able to eat whatever and however much I wanted and if anything be underweight, but chemo made me gain over thirty pounds in less than a year.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2021, 9:58 pm

for some of us with an unfavorable metabolism, the only way out of obesity is vigorous sustained daily exercise and a nutritarian diet.