Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

starcats
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 6:35 pm

Does anyone else get a physical reaction after eating msg? I can always tell if food has msg because about ten minutes later I have a full on anxiety attack for no reason. I always heard msg maybe gave people headaches if they're intolerant, but that's not what I get. Could this be an adhd reacting to chemicals differently kind of thing?

Marduk1965
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Dec 2018, 3:45 pm

Sorry to revive an old thread. I was searching to find out if there is a connection between glutamic acid and ASD. There have been studies to show that there may be but most if not all of these studies have been done recently and have no long term results to report.

I have a bad reaction when I get just a little too much MSG in any form. My biggest problem is enriched flour because after over processing it they put in ingredients including malted Barley. In this form, malted barley can some times cause me a huge reaction and other times no reaction at all.

I have been diagnosed with Bipolar and have cousins with ASD. I recently heard that both of these often run in the same families. No doctor will even test me for Autism. I can't begin to understand why. The tell me that there is no extra help for me if diagnosed. I just want to know what I am dealing with. I would love to tell my cousin, Sean that I have one more thing in common with him.

Sorry that I'm all over with this post. I just had a reaction to lunch and am still trying to get my focus back.

Indominus
Raven
Raven

27 Dec 2018, 6:53 pm

Chinese food.