Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

inkgirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Aug 2019, 8:08 pm

I am thinking about eating one meal a day as well, mostly because I get annoyed having to eat so often when I do Intuitive Eating. I seem to have a fairly fast metabolism, though, and can lose weight quickly if I don't eat enough, so I'll have to be careful to get enough calories.

But it seems like a good idea. A lot of times I'll get hungry, but don't want to bother eating, because its a hassle, and I have some troubles distinguishing hunger/fullness cues. So eating one meal a day would take all the annoyance out of eating and streamline things a bit.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2019, 8:32 pm

i started out on something called the 12-hour diet, which segued into the 8 hour diet, now it is the 6 hour diet, i cram all my eating* into a 6-hour window which ends about 3-4 hours before bed time. it has improved my blood pressure, blood cholesterol levels, inflammation levels, body fat %, skin tone, fluid retention, and mood. i recommend it highly. :)
*i drink copious non-caloric fluids throughout the waking day, and an occasional fatty or protein-rich snack containing NO carbs.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Aug 2019, 10:10 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i started out on something called the 12-hour diet, which segued into the 8 hour diet, now it is the 6 hour diet, i cram all my eating* into a 6-hour window which ends about 3-4 hours before bed time. it has improved my blood pressure, blood cholesterol levels, inflammation levels, body fat %, skin tone, fluid retention, and mood. i recommend it highly. :)
*i drink copious non-caloric fluids throughout the waking day, and an occasional fatty or protein-rich snack containing NO carbs.
That's interesting. I always heard it was better to eat smaller meals that are spaced out a bit like eat every 12 hours if you eat two meals a day & eat like every 6 hours staring shortly after you wake up if you eat 3 meals a day. I've always been told it's not good to eat shortly before bed especially if you have digestive problems or acid reflux or GERD(I have GERD)

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2019, 11:33 pm

nick007 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

That's interesting. I always heard it was better to eat smaller meals that are spaced out a bit like eat every 12 hours if you eat two meals a day & eat like every 6 hours staring shortly after you wake up if you eat 3 meals a day. I've always been told it's not good to eat shortly before bed especially if you have digestive problems or acid reflux or GERD(I have GERD)

just got back from outdoor chores/exercise :) i can't eat right before bed if i wanna avoid reflux which has been known to wake me up from a dead sleep, coughing and retching my head off. but i sorta graze for 6 hours, a heavy grazing. i avoid refined carbs for the most part.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 11:18 am

nick007 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Have you tried apple cider vinegar?

It tastes disgusting the first time but you get used to it quickly and it is supposed to be very good for acid reflux and GERD

This one has more detail.

I take two teaspoons with lemon juice in some water, and drink it through a straw. A side effect is it curbs hunger.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 11:30 am

I seem to be settling in nicely to this way of eating. It's now been OMAD for four and a half weeks and I eat once a

day (within two hours) now five days per week and and have a very late lunch on two days giving me a wider eating

bracket. This allows me to fit in some extra food as I was loosing weight quickly. Really like the food, very low carb,

and lots of fat. Tummy very happy, feeling better overall as well.

Shopping is less stressful, eating well is more affordable, skin good too :D

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2019, 3:14 am

Update

Three weeks ago I weighed myself and found I'd lost over a stone (15lb). I looked in the mirror and freaked out at the sight of my ribs (never seen them before) despite quite a few naughty treats such as cake and McDonald and cramming a lot of dinner in.

So I decided to scale back to IF which means eating lunch and dinner but stay low-carb. The first week was fine, still felt good but then started to feel sluggish, digestion and other end :oops: not as good as on OMAD. Still better than before though. Also more shopping and prepping and effort :(

So I'm going back to OMAD but I have had a word with work and they have agreed to me having a break at 4.30 every day which means my eating window will be wider (4hrs) and I think that will help. I am also going to roast my veg before I put them in my stews and I'm swapping sugar for extra nuts hopefully this will stop me loosing drastically again but will give me a flatter tummy.

Will let you know how it goes.

This would definitely work for weight loss. I have only been a healthy weight in the past by being extremely careful about what I eat. It is also good for digestion. And it's nice not feeling either blotted or hungry all the time :D .

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2019, 4:02 am

I've not done much roasting so I thought I'd do some research before going out to buy some roasting dishes and I came across this.

:D It looks sop good. I am going to attempt a simpler version, hopefully next weekend.

Brivae
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Nov 2019, 9:54 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
I'm thinking of giving OMAD a try because I struggle to organise eating three healthy meals a day, I'm always

playing catch up and I get stressed over all the shopping. I'm not looking to loose weight or excuse binge eating.

Has anyone tried it, what happened?

Have you tried the drinking meal replacement? I actually have this same problem and I tried this. It felt a little odd because I was not chewing or eating anymore and I ended up not sticking to it, but it was pretty interesting.