Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

FrankMiles
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jul 2016, 5:15 am

Hello everyone,
I am new member into this board. Actually I am much glad to be a part into this community. However, I am looking for an easiest way to gain weight. I am really thin and doesn't looks good. So please advice me to gain weight.

Thank you so much!

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 2:04 pm

Eat more meals a day then you currently are. Add more calorie dense healthy options like raw peanut butter, nuts like cashews, walnuts, almonds etc. Make protein smoothies, pour some canola oil in, with milk, raw peanut butter, frozen fruit, some whey in a blender. These are easy ways to add more calories. More meals with rice and potatoes. Drink milk throughout the day.

Take up strength training in the form of weight lifting and learn how to do compound lifts like bench press, squat, and dead lifts to help you put on muscle.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 1:05 pm

Eat lots of protein as well. Red meat is actually good in moderation and cholesterol converts into testosterone. Get healthy saturated fats in your diet, as suggested. Add in lots of lean meat and rice is such a cheap carb it's ridiculous. I mean the rice you have to slow cook, but it's like $8 for 20 pounds of it.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 1:29 pm

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016Y8JS4K/re ... B0001ZPOLE
I'd recommend getting an automatic rice cooker. There are fancy ones that will have warm rice waiting for you when you get home from work.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 10:45 pm

I was underweight most of my teen and 20s years and I drank a protein shake to put weight on. Milk, protein powder like wieder powder, an envelope of instant breakfast, a couple spoons of powdered milk, honey, a spoon of peanut butter, a big spoon or three of ice cream, a half a banana and if you want, a raw egg. Also make sure you workout. Do a bulking workout though. Low reps and high weights. Up to ten rep or to failure less than ten works. Add the carbs to meals too.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2016, 3:57 pm

Peanut butter or plant oil are good options. Avoid unhealthy food even though you want to gain weight. Firstly, it's bad for your blood sugar and secondly, it's a one-way ticket to liver problems (never dirty bulk!).

sunnyinaus
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jul 2016, 4:44 am

Agree with the calorie dense foods and weight training.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2016, 6:58 am

Worked for me. Got an embolism for free.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2016, 11:59 am

If you can afford it a Zojirushi automatic rice cooker does a great job of cooking brown rice.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2016, 9:09 am

You need more protein in your diet. You can get them effectively from beans and/or nuts as well as nut butters. Just make sure you get the natural nut butters so you don't get hydrogenated oils in your system

DrSunilArora
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Mar 2017, 1:10 am

Here are 10 more tips to gain weight:

Don’t drink water before meals. This can fill your stomach and make it harder to get in enough calories.

Eat more often. Squeeze in an additional meal or snack whenever you can, such as before bed.

Drink milk. Drinking whole milk to quench thirst is a simple way to get in more high-quality protein and calories.

Try weight gainer shakes. If you are really struggling then you can try weight gainer shakes. These are very high in protein, carbs and calories.

Use bigger plates. Definitely use large plates if you are trying to get in more calories, as smaller plates cause people to automatically eat less.

Add cream to your coffee. This is a simple way to add in more calories.

Take creatine. The muscle-building supplement creatine monohydrate can help you gain a few pounds in muscle weight.

Get quality sleep. Sleeping properly is very important for muscle growth.

Eat your protein first and vegetables last. If you have a mix of foods on your plate, eat the calorie-dense and protein-rich foods first. Eat the vegetables last.

Don’t smoke. Smokers tend to weigh less than non-smokers, and quitting smoking often leads to weight gain.

RoyceThibault
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Apr 2018, 2:45 am

Eat more and more diet.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2018, 6:11 am

green0star wrote:
You need more protein in your diet. You can get them effectively from beans and/or nuts as well as nut butters. Just make sure you get the natural nut butters so you don't get hydrogenated oils in your system

Nuts are at best 15g protein/pr 600-700 calories, and nuts have a protein absorption rate of 50-60%, on top of that they have an incomplete amino acid profile. Nuts are horribly ineffective protein sources.

Compare that to chicken or greek yoghurt which is 20g/pr 100-120 calories, with an absorption rate of 100% + a complete amino acid profile.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2018, 10:43 pm

Eat TV dinners and calorie density foods and eat more junk food and sweets and instead of drinking water, drink juice instead and have lots of coffee or drink lot of pop a day or have smoothies. Eat big portions of food.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Lindsey1151
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Apr 2019, 12:59 am

FrankMiles wrote:
Hello everyone,
I am new member into this board. Actually I am much glad to be a part into this community. However, I am looking for an easiest way to gain weight. I am really thin and doesn't looks good. So please advice me to gain weight.

Thank you so much!

Tbh there is nothing you can really do. Autism either gives you a extremely fast metabolism or a slow one. It gave you a extremely fast one. Unlike me which autism gave me a slow metabolism and I just simply blow up like a balloon if I eat one french fry. Just be happy you can eat Mcdonalds every day and not worry about getting fat.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 11:34 am

Learn to cook your own food. I can eat a much wider variety of foods if I cook it myself. I can easily leave stuff I out that I won't eat.