Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2020, 10:23 pm

Can people take toooo many vitamins? I mean I don’t know how much is too much? If you take more vitamins, will it help you to not get the virus?

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2020, 10:32 pm

Yes, you can take too many vitamins. Some vitamins can help you fight off an influenza.

Here are the vitamins that will help you fight off the flu and the foods you can find them in.
* Vitamin C. Find it in: strawberries, broccoli, oranges, pineapple, and bell peppers. ...
* Vitamin D. Find it in: Salmon, sardines, egg yolks, mushrooms, and fortified foods. ...
* Vitamin B6. ...
* Magnesium. ...
* Zinc.

It is probably a good idea to take one multivitamin each day.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2020, 12:45 am

jimmy m wrote:
Yes, you can take too many vitamins. Some vitamins can help you fight off an influenza.

Here are the vitamins that will help you fight off the flu and the foods you can find them in.
* Vitamin C. Find it in: strawberries, broccoli, oranges, pineapple, and bell peppers. ...
* Vitamin D. Find it in: Salmon, sardines, egg yolks, mushrooms, and fortified foods. ...
* Vitamin B6. ...
* Magnesium. ...
* Zinc.

It is probably a good idea to take one multivitamin each day.

Thanks, I just bought vitamins, vitamins B,C &D3.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2020, 6:12 am

Deficiency versus overdose

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2020, 6:54 am

I read somewhere that eating liver from predatory animals will likely lead to ingesting a toxic amount of vitamin A, so...yes.

Callafiriel
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Mar 2020, 8:47 am

Yes, you can. You would have to look up the details but in general you shouldn't take to much of the fat-soluble vitamins (like vitamin D) as they can be overdosed, whereas water-soluble vitamins (like vitamin C) are very hard to overdose.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2020, 2:12 pm

Take too much Vitamin C and you'll get diarrhea.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2020, 2:37 pm

You need some pretty absurd quantities for that though, and as far as overdosing goes diarrhea is a pretty mild effect.

pyrrhicwren
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2020, 2:42 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
I read somewhere that eating liver from predatory animals will likely lead to ingesting a toxic amount of vitamin A, so...yes.

^way true. There was a kid out east who ate a bottle of gummy vitamins thinking it would be good since yum and vitmains. Too high intake of vitamins is harmful. Medical story:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Apr 2020, 5:16 am

How much vitamin A is bad :?: I take a couple vitamins that contain some(they contain other stuff which is why I take em) & my cereal contains some too. That vid was interesting pyrrhicwren. It's sad what happened to the kid but at least he was recovering after. It's good the story is out thou to serve as a cautionary tale. I didn't understand the whole vid thou. Did the vid mention other vitamins that were causing serious harm to him? I think it was the water soluble 1s that caused him to have the bad stomach cramps & he peed em out but what was hurting his liver & caused his arm to break? I want to get a better idea of what is really bad so I can be more careful.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 5:45 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervitaminosis_A

No exact amount on how much is too much, but I expect you're safe unless you chug half a bottle of those pills daily for weeks. Vitamin A is primarily stored in the liver (hence the liver-eating thing), and the toxicity builds up over longer periods of time.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2020, 10:24 pm

I only take one vitamin D3 softgel everyday, they are 5,000 per serving, I taking it with food & water. What is Omega-3 Fish Oil? I forgot. Is there vitamins for you eyes?