Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Jan 2019, 12:18 am

Im struggling with incontinence and I dont know why. I dont think I have any physical issues.

I have daytime and night time accidents. During the day it seems to happen when I space out. I have spaced out and came to and figured out I have wet myself. During the night I just wake up feeling dizzy and weird and also realizing I have wet the bed. Its embarassing.

It makes me feel gross. Other people can see.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 9:01 pm

Might you be having seizures when you space out? Sometimes you lose control like that with epilepsy.

Zinnia86
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 10:10 pm

There are a lot of things that can cause incontinence. You might have a urinary tract infection and not be aware of it, since they don't always cause symptoms. Or it could be a neurological issue. If you have a primary care physician, go to him/her and get evaluated, possibly get a referral to a urologist or a neurologist. If you don't have a PCP, at least go to an urgent care to get your urine tested for bacteria.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 10:22 pm

I'd suggest buying adult incontinence products. A lot of people need them, which is why you can find them at Walmart and other stores. No sense embarrassing yourself while getting waiting to get it sorted out.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 9:25 am

I have issues with incontinence too, my Dr. thinks its probably a sensory thing (I have sensory processing issues as well as being diagnosed ASD level 2).

I can zone out or hyperfocus on things too and kind of snap out of it and realize I'm wet or I can be triggered by painfully bright lights or pain in general.

I've been through a bunch of tests and physically everything seems to work the way it should, so it's either something neurological (most likely) or psychological.

If it worries you, I'd suggest getting a checkup...and start using protection. That's what I'm doing now. At first I thought it would be more embarrassing or anxiety inducing, but its really not. I feel a lot less stressed and worried in public now that I ever have before.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 12:36 am

Do you also find yourself having to urinate many times/day? Like not just 3-4 times, but 7-8+ times/day?

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2019, 11:31 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Do you also find yourself having to urinate many times/day? Like not just 3-4 times, but 7-8+ times/day?

No. But I notice that I pee more during the night.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 7:28 am

Ilikemusic wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

No. But I notice that I pee more during the night.

That's something I notice myself. I've still never found and answer as to why, but my doctor. urologist, and a neurologist all say it's an inconvenience...but not life-threatening.

Have you been to a doctor?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 1:53 pm

Have you spaced out like this during the day before? How about waking up feeling dizzy?

If not, it sounds like something new is going on and the relaxing muscles & urinating thing may just be a byproduct of it.

If it continues, I'd definitely bring it up with your doctor. Maybe they'll do some sort of sleep test to determine what's going on with your breathing/muscles etc that's causing dizziness & unexplained urination. I don't know - just a guess - but you'd think that if there are new symptoms like this and it's not explained by taking a different medication or something that they'd want to get to the bottom of it to make sure that there isn't anything more serious going on.. especially if it's not normal for you to "space out," during the day, or wake up feeling "dizzy & weird."

sport
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Sep 2020, 8:59 am

I know this old but having autism and dd always had some trouble with incontinence for example the other day picking up grass clippings got a little dizzy and set down and wet myself with no control.