Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

DarkScorpion1989
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Aug 2020, 3:48 pm

Over the Covid/Lockdown period - I've been working for a cleaning company in a warehouse. The hours are long and to be honest long term not good for my mental health.
But physically over the 3 months I've lost just over one stone in weight (6.3kg) - my average day i cover between 22km -30km burning about 2500kcal.

Basically I'm back to what I feel is a good weight (could lose a bit more belly fat) but rest of me feels pretty good. What sort of food should i be eating to stabilise my weight - should it be more fibre,carb or protein?

Here's a typical Work day meals/drinks are - Breakfast - Porridge with a white coffee (5.40am), double espresso, 2 cups water (10.30am),Lunch - Ham and Cheese Sandwhichx2, 1xApple, 1x4pack breakast biscuits,1 litre water (13.30), mocha (16.30), Dinner - Pasta Bake or Rice and Chicken in sauce (19.45)

Thanks for help in advance
DS

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 4:04 pm

In general a person should consume 75-90 grams of protein each day and 64-80 ounces of water or fluids. But in your case you are doing quite a bit of exercise and those number should be much higher. Also I might recommend taking a one a day vitamin to supplement any deficiencies.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 4:35 pm

What works for me is:

• Fewer carbs, more fiber
• Less fat, more protein
• Smaller portions, fewer meals, and no snacks/soda
• More exercise

What works for you may differ.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DarkScorpion1989
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Aug 2020, 3:02 am

JimmyM - cheers for the advice, vitamin tablet is definitely worth looking into as i'm often exhausted - which is why i feel it's gonna burn me out mentally before too long so hopefully that will help. As for protein yeah i thought that was what i needed more of but wasn't sure so i'll try up those levels.

Fnord - you've confirmed what I suspected with more protein and more fibre would probably help, As for snacks generally I use black coffee to suppress the need for snacks. And only way i could do more exercise would be my days off so maybe start light

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 9:39 pm

You have to figure out what makes you feel full on the least calories so that you can eat less without feeling terribly hungry. I've found that fiber makes me feel full, so I maintain my weight by eating a diet high in whole grains, vegetables, and nut butters. Some people feel full on lots of fatty foods (good fats like nuts and seeds, not junk food).

Your menu makes it seem like you are eating no vegetables. Definitely eat as many veggies as you can. They have more vitamins and minerals than most other kinds of food, and the fiber in them helps you to feel full (and avoid overeating).

Also stop having so much caffeine (assuming your espresso and white coffee are not caffeine-free).

I'm not sure what porridge is made of. A whole grain is better than a processed grain. Same goes for dinner–have potatoes or something instead of pasta or at least have whole grain pasta.