Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2020, 12:05 am

I've been having all kinds of IBS symptoms a lot more lately and I'm scared that I have some deadly disease or even bowel cancer and will die from it because I would rather die and be in control than get horrible chemotherapy and not be in control. Everything is out of control as it is and I might as well die because after the American re-election what little there is left that makes life livable will be gone and the world will end.

And of course everything could be Covid 19. The other night I had a scratchy, tickly throat and was scared it could be covid but it got better. I have to keep checking to make sure I still have a sense of taste and smell. I heard one story where those were the first and only symptoms someone with covid had but they were able to treat it early and save him. I doubt I'll be that lucky. Not lucky to get covid, obviously, but lucky not to die or have severe complications.

I just want all of this to end. Why won't it end?

:cry:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 12:13 pm

You don't have to be 'lucky' not to die of COVID, because more people survive COVID than don't - even those in the high risk group. My aunt got tested positive and had to self-isolate for 2 weeks, and she is 65 and has COPD and diabetes. But she only had COVID symptoms very mildly, in fact so mildly that she managed to decorate her whole living-room during that time!

It is easy said not to worry about cancer, I actually worry more about getting cancer than COVID, because you're much more likely to survive COVID than (untreated) cancer. But IBS can be caused by stress, because the government is doing their best to incite fear and stress into everybody. Chances are you haven't got cancer.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 12:49 pm

Lack of appetite or unexplained weight loss is a common sign of cancer. Stomach pain: Abdominal discomfort or pain in the abdomen above the navel may be a symptom of a stomach tumor. Also, swelling or fluid build-up in the abdomen may also be caused by stomach cancer.

So have you dropped weight very suddenly or don't feel hungry any longer?

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 4:51 pm

Is there a history of cancer in your family?

questor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2020, 4:39 pm

1. You might have some kind of cancer.
2. You might have an intestinal bug.
3. You might have intestinal parasites.
4. You may have thrown your intestinal biome out of whack from something you ate, or from too much stress.
5. If you have been taking meds of any kind, that can affect your intestinal biome.

Since you are not a doc, and can't do any needed tests yourself, you should have it checked out by your doc.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 2:36 am

Bowel and digestive issues are common for people on the spectrum. I recently developed IBS and it is definitely related to stress.

You seem stressed out. Doctors have found links between these symptoms and stress. Try to relax and go see a doctor if your symptoms are or become serious. If you have issues right after eating, try switching to soft, bland, easy to digest foods (rice, bananas, etc.) until/unless a doctor tells you to do something else.