Are you fully vaccinated for COVID-19?

Page 3 of 13 [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2021, 9:02 pm

I'm just scared to have the vaccine. I'm scared that a year from now there might suddenly be reports of life-threatening long-term effects from the current vaccines and then I'm going to panic and wish I hadn't let myself have the chemical inserted into my body. The government has already signed a thing to say that they won't be held responsible if anything does go horribly wrong. So I don't know what that's supposed to mean. I just don't trust anything these days, I know how much the government is known to lie and cover things up and instill fear into people to get them to do what the government wants. I rather wait a few months and if it all seems to definitely be safe then I will get vaccinated. But right now I think I'll just take my chances; wear a mask, sanitize my hands and just be sensible and careful around people.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2021, 10:28 pm

Brainiac42 wrote:
My dad’s coworkers think that metal magically sticks to your arm after the vaccine. They don’t think they’re just sweaty and sticky after working in a warehouse all day.

I liked the lady that tried doing that in court, with a BRASS key. That's gotta be some super powerful magnetism.
The lady sitting behind her looked like she was not having a good time.

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 12:12 am

Udinaas wrote:
I'm fully vaccinated, at least until the anti-vaxers cause a new strain...

Your health is not other's responsibility.

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 12:18 am

Brainiac42 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Yes, I've had both vaccines. It took me quite a while to do research and feel comfortable, but I did it.

I support the rights of people to decide for themselves, without guilting or shaming people who decide it isn't right for them or that they're waiting to make a choice.

I agree that everyone has a right to their own opinion/decision. I just wish people would lean more towards science than base-less fear mongering. I haven’t guilted any of my family members, but I have tried to voice my opinion as they voice theirs, and educate them in a respectful manner. My cousin is an anti-vaxxer in general, not just for the covid vaccine. His daughter will not get any vaccines and is going to be homeschooled. In that case I feel like freedom of speech has turned into child endangerment.

I agree with you and have felt bad when people who are anti-vax attack those who decide to do and vice versa. Having said that unless we are going to ban circumcision or make a mocker out of the UN declaration of Human Right I think the bar should be high for child endangerment. Also I really don't trust the government behinds great hits like MK UTRA, the Gulf of Tolkien incident, and if not stopped by JFK Operation Northwood.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 12:19 am

Joe90 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Yes, I've had both vaccines. It took me quite a while to do research and feel comfortable, but I did it.

I support the rights of people to decide for themselves, without guilting or shaming people who decide it isn't right for them or that they're waiting to make a choice.

I'm glad you feel this way. I feel the same, I still haven't made up my mind yet on whether to have the vaccine or not, but I'm not against those who have had their vaccines.

But this vaccine lark is causing arguments between me and my boyfriend. He's had both his vaccinations, but seems to think that he will die from COVID if I get it if I'm not vaccinated. But the vaccines aren't going to make the virus disappear, people are still going to catch COVID if they've been vaccinated, the purpose of the vaccines are to just stop people getting ill from it, just like the flu vaccines. A few years ago, in the care home where I worked, all the elderly residents had their flu vaccine but there was still an outbreak of the flu during the winter and the elderly people still got it. But thankfully the vaccine prevented a lot of hospitalisations and deaths. So it's the same with the COVID vaccines. So I don't know what my boyfriend's so worried about. His smoking habits will more likely kill him than contracting a virus that he's protected from.

I’m scared about getting vaccine too, I’m also very worried about the síde effects, I already have tooooo much physical pain, alot of pain in my feet & lower legs, pain in my hands, wrists, knees, my upper arms, I think it’s arthritis (maybe psoriatic arthritis, I have psoriasis too) I been getting numb alot in half of my leg, I can’t feel it, it’s gets better later, my leg is also very stiff. My ankles are very stiff too & alot of numbness. I can still walk, but not too long, I still have my wheelchair when I broke my ankle 3 years ago, my bones in my ankle didn’t healed right.

neilinmich
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jul 2021, 4:02 am

I've got both shots, Pfizer, in March 2021. Only had a little soreness at the injection site. I was impressed with how well my hospital managed injections for sooooo many people sooooo quickly.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Jul 2021, 6:20 am

2 shots of Moderna in May and June.
Some ache at the injection site after the first dose, a day of fever after the second one.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Velorum
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 6:57 am

I am participating in a clinical trail next Monday.

They are going to administer a booster shot and then monitor me over the coming months which includes blood tests to look at antibodies and T cells etc.

As I understand it the booster that they are using isnt yet licensed - however they want to gather as much data as they can now so that they can roll something out come winter time.

I had two doses of the Phizer vaccine at the beginning of the year.

Non-binary member of the LGBTQ+ community

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 12:41 pm

GGPViper wrote:
Not yet.

I'll get my second Pfizer-BionTech shot Wednesday next week.

Just rescheduled my 2nd shot.

I'll get it tomorrow morning - 4 days earlier.

I'll get back to you if I grow extra limbs, a tail and/or bat wings.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 2:00 pm

AstraZeneca.

Accepted out of politeness.
And it's the only kind my household can access. Heck, it's also what my boss got.

First shot just some soreness, fever and fatigue.
Second shot, nothing. :o

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 8:36 am

GGPViper wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
Not yet.

I'll get my second Pfizer-BionTech shot Wednesday next week.

Just rescheduled my 2nd shot.

I'll get it tomorrow morning - 4 days earlier.

I'll get back to you if I grow extra limbs, a tail and/or bat wings.

Just got my 2nd shot. My shoulder is a bit sore, but i ha...

Status: Clinton-Gates-Soros chip successfully implanted in gullible subject.
Command #1: Activate Behavioural Adjustment Device (BAD).
Action #1: Conquer planet, establish New World Order, Confiscate all guns, cancel Christmas.
Command #2: Activate Hideous Evil Laughter Lyrics (HELL).
Action #2: MWAHAHA.

...ven't felt any serious side effects, so far.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 10:56 am

We got our second jabs (Pfizer) on the Ides of March.

I'm a bit cautious about things so I effectively continued full-lockdown for more than a month after we were fully vaccinated. Even then I was slow to run many excursions away from home, and I still choose to wear a mask, even when it is not required.

This week I got so bold I even went to McDonald's and ate lunch there! And now my bride is eagerly awaiting some nice dinners out.

Two problems, though:

(1) I'm not used to wearing shoes!

(2) I'm so comfortable in my mask that I forget it's on--which was a problem when I I tried to put some food in my mouth.

Aspie With Attitude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jul 2021, 9:00 pm

I am only 50% of the way to being fully vaccinated from the COVID-19.

I also make fantasy test card animation and mix my own music.

Please follow this link to subscribe to my YouTube Channel "Aspie With Attitude" --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL2iDI ... Hb4eeYlodQ

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

18 Jul 2021, 12:08 pm

Yes. First dose was on 22 April, the second 20 May for me.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

steve30
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jul 2021, 7:35 pm

I haven't had any Covid vaccines and have no plans to do so.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2021, 8:32 pm

steve30 wrote:
I haven't had any Covid vaccines and have no plans to do so.
NBC News: "Young, unvaccinated people are being hospitalized with Covid-19 as delta variant spreads, officials warn" (July 14, 2021)

ABC News: "As COVID-19 surges again, what experts say about the millions of unvaccinated" (July 16, 2021)

But, of course, everyone has an immune system.